Queen Mary Studentships are open to suitably qualified candidates from the UK, EU and overseas. In the case of overseas applicants, the difference in cost between Home/EU and Overseas fees will be met by the School.
The School is committed to appointing only the very best candidates to our PhD program. To apply you should have a good first degree (BA or BSc Honours or equivalent), at first class standard (or upper second class with clear evidence of 1st class work), and/or a Masters qualification (at Merit or above) in Geography or a cognate discipline related to the Studentship. Applicants for Studentship 4 (Emotions and the Home in Modern Britain) must hold a Masters degree in a geographical or historical subject related to the themes of the studentship.
All applicants will be judged according to the same criteria, namely:
- Record of academic and/or professional achievement
- Quality of Research Proposal
- Compatibility with the School’s research interests/themes relating to the Studentship.
Further details on English Language Requirements
To be considered for a Queen Mary Studentship your application must be received by Queen Mary’s Admissions and Recruitment Office no later than 5pm on Monday 21st February. All short-listed applicants will be interviewed (either face-to-face or, in the case of overseas candidates, by telephone) and applicants must be available for interview between 24th February and 21st March 2011.
Applications may be submitted in hard copy (download paper-based form here) to The Admissions and Recruitment Office, Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS, United Kingdom, or on-line using the instructions here
Visit official website.
- Student Finance 2010/11, Queen Mary, UK Government
- PhD Studentships, School of Law, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships, School of Environmental Sciences, University of Liverpool, UK
- International Undergraduate Scholarships, Queen’s University Belfast, UK
- University Doctoral Studentships, City University London, UK
- King’s Annual Fund Studentship (KAF), King’s College London, UK
- PhD Studentships for Cancer Research, London Research Institute, UK
- The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Queen Sofia Junior Research Fellowship, Exeter College, University of Oxford, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.