PhD Studentships for international overseas students with bursaries available against fees. Projects are available in research groups allied to Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Pharmacy, Optometry and Psychology.
The School of Life and Health Sciences is equipped with state-of-the- art facilities to pursue cutting-edge research. In the 2008 RAE, 85% of the research in the School of Life and Health Sciences was ranked as being of international quality, and the School was ranked 3rd out of 61 UK University submissions to Allied Health Professions and Studies for quality and volume of research. The School currently has a research income of about £8m, with approximately 75 research students, (part time and full-time), who are registered in the School each year.
Projects can be viewed by research topic and research supervisor at http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lhs/research/postgraduate-research/
The projects are available to students meeting the University and School academic entry requirements and bursaries for international students will be awarded competitively on merit. The bursaries for international students will cover payment of £6,000 against the international fee of £12,650 per annum.
- Applicants should have or expect a good honours degree (either first class or upper second class) or hold an MSc in a relevant discipline.
- The English Language requirements are a minimum score of 620 (260 minimum in computer test) in TOEFL OR IELTS with minimum marks of 6.5 in each section and an overall band of 7.0.
- The studentships are for 3 years, subject to a satisfactory progress review at the end of the first year, and are available for July 1st and October 1st 2010 registration.
- For an application form please visit: http://www1.lhs.aston.ac.uk/pabs/pgprojects/application form.pdf
- Closing Date: Monday, 10 May 2010 for July entry or 9th August 2010 for October entry.
For informal enquiries or to return completed applications forms, please contact:
School of Life and Health Sciences,
Aston Triangle, Birmingham, B4 7ET;
phone: +44 (0)121 204 4019).
- Postgraduate Taught Masters International Scholarships, Aston University, UK
- PhD Studentships at University of the West of England, UK
- 140 Master & Doctoral Research Studentships, Northumbria University, UK
- University Doctoral Studentships, City University London, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) Prize Studentships, Scotland UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
- PhD Studentship in Occupational Epidemiology, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Biomedical Research, Hannover Medical School, Germany
- PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.