School of Politics and International Studies
Awards for Overseas Research Students
Session 2012- 2012
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
One full fee scholarship will be available.
- This award is only available to applicants who are liable to pay academic fees at the international fee rate. UK and EU candidates should apply for the Home/EU award.
- Applicants must usually hold at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent plus an MA or MSc at Merit level or equivalent;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements;
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree.
- Awards must be taken up on 1 October 2012;
- The awards are available for new research students undertaking full-time study over a period of three years leading to the degree of PhD in the School of Politics and International Studies. Students who are already registered for research degrees are excluded from this competition;
- The award will cover academic fees at the international rate. There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs;
- The award will be made for one year in the first instance, renewable for a further period of up to two years subject to satisfactory progress;
- applicants will be expected to show that they have sought funding elsewhere
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidates must complete all sections of the application form, using the space provided on the form and with strict observation of any word limits. Attachments (with the exception of degree transcripts) should be avoided. The Selection Panel will be at liberty to disregard any information that is not on the application form;
- The completed form should be returned to email@example.com or the Postgraduate Office, POLIS, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT by no later than 1st June 2012. Applications submitted after that date may be considered subject to the availability of funding.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & RESULT
Successful candidates can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application as soon as possible following the closing date.
Completed forms must be returned firstname.lastname@example.org or to the POLIS Postgraduate Office, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT by 1st June 2012. Please ensure that you use the space provided on the form - attachments are not permitted and all will be disregarded. In order to be eligible to apply for one of the above POLIS Postgraduate Research Scholarships, applicants MUST first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID number. Applications without a valid University Banner ID number will be rejected.
For more information, please visit official website: www.polis.leeds.ac.uk.
- Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships 2010 for International Students, University of Leeds, UK
- IDEA Applied and Professional Ethics Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships in International Politics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- International Excellence Scholarships, Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, UK
- School of Electronic & Electrical Engineering Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- MA Scholarships in Politics & International Relations, University of Nottingham, UK
- Fully Funded Research Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships, Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds, UK
- Sociology and Gender Studies PhD Studentship, University of Sussex, UK
- Master Scholarships in Comparative European Politics, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
Hello, please how can i earn the study in u.k scholarship. Please i’m pleading you to direct me to the actual path.Thank you.
Does the university also provided Hostel Accomodation?
I’m Habibi, an Indonesian national who is keen to have M.Phil degree from any university in England. I had graduated from MA Political Science from Jamia Millia University – India. 3 years back I got scholarship from Indian government for studying in India. I passed with the result FIRST DIV. Am I eligible for this scholarship? I really interested for studying International Politics in England. One reason to study in England is that because India had adopted the same educational system as British did…
So please give me a short reply. Many Thanks.
what I do in scholaraships??
how to get a scholarship?