The main focus is to understand the molecular mechanisms that control the progression of stem and progenitor cells to mature neurons using the developing olfactory epithelium as a model system. The applicant will work primarily on chick models, but also analyze mice mutants.
A two-year (one + one year) postdoctoral fellowship is available funded by the Kempe foundation and M. Lundqvist foundation, with possibility of further extension. The lab is located at the Umeå Centre of Molecular Medicine (UCMM), Umeå University, Sweden. UCMM is an interdisciplinary department with basic medical science and developmental biology research.
Umeå University is ranked the fourth best place to work outside of the United States for postdoctoral researchers in life sciences (The Scientist).
The ideal candidate should be a Ph.D with a background in neuroscience, preferentially also in developmental biology. Technical experience with vertebrate embryonic model systems, electroporation, molecular and cell biology methods and imaging is preferred. The applicant should be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Short cover letter (maximum 1 page) with a description of previous appointments and research experience.
- Curriculum vitae (publication list, technical expertise and contact information for three references).
- Copies of relevant qualifications.
Send your application to ucmm[at]ucmm.umu.se marked 2010LG16 latest 16 May, 2010.
Informal enquires may be directed to Dr. Lena Gunhaga (lena.gunhaga[at]ucmm.umu.se)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- PhD Studentships in Evolutionary Systems Biology Group, Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions in Biology, Colorado State University, USA
- PhD Student, Department of Biomedical Molecular Biology, Ghent University, Belgium
- PhD Position in Surface Chemistry and Metal Coordination, Umeå University, Sweden
- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California, Irvine, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Lobster Population Biology and Sustainable Fisheries, Memorial University, Canada
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Tumor Angiogenesis, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Postdoctoral Position in Driver Sleepiness Detection, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.