The candidate is expected to have existing expertise in inorganic (i.e. Silicon or III-V) semiconductor device design, in particular with photovoltaic and/or photonic devices. The candidate will be designing advanced (ultra-high efficiency) solar cells via modelling of the device structure, fabrication process and anticipated device performance. The ability to customize commercial software packages from a fundamental knowledge will be considered an asset. The candidate is expected to have strong individual expertise and be willing to work in an interdisciplinary team setting, including supervision of graduate and undergraduate students.
Additional details and requirements
- Starting date: on or about January 4, 2010.
- Location: McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Candidates must have a degree from a doctoral program in Physics, Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics (or the equivalent) from an accredited university, with demonstrable research accomplishments.
- The doctoral degree must be completed by the time of the anticipated start date.
- Candidates who are more than 5 years out of their PhD are not eligible.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not held a previous postdoctoral position.
- Good oral and written communication skills (in English) are required.
- Positions will have the typical structure of an initial 1 year appointment with renewal after review for a 2nd year.
- McMaster is committed to Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, members of sexual minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian Citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
- Provide a cover letter, current CV and at least 2 references that we may contact about your recent work.
- Describe your credentials and experience with respect to this project and state your available start date.
- Submissions by email only to: lwilson[ at ]mcmaster.ca
- Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of their doctoral degree and be willing to sign confidentiality agreements (provision for publications in a timely manner is protected).
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Postdoctoral Fellowships, Atmosphere Ocean Modelling Data Assimilation, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neural Developmental Biology, Umeå University, Sweden
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellowships in Ocean Observation, Modeling and Data Assimilation, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Lobster Population Biology and Sustainable Fisheries, Memorial University, Canada
- SU2P Entrepreneurial Fellowships in Photonics, Stanford University, USA
- Richard Motyka Brain Tumour Research Fellowship, Canada
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Tumor Angiogenesis, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Ryerson Postdoctoral Fellowship in Spacecraft Dynamics and Control, Ryerson University, Canada
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions in Biology, Colorado State University, USA