- Title: Posdoctor position in structural composites with carbon nanotubes
- Working area: Aerospace structures
- FAPESP process: 07/00013-4
- Project title: Structural composites with epoxy resin and dispersion of multiwall carbon nanotube
- Field of knowledge: Aerospace Engineering
- Principal investigator: Evaldo José Corat
- Unit/Instituition: Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais
The application of carbon nanotubes in structural composites seeks significant enhancement of its structural, thermal and electrical properties. Even though individual properties of carbon nanotubes are extreme, there are many difficulties in transferring such properties to the composite.
This study looks for solution to this problem by the growth of specific multiwall carbon nanotubes (MWCNT) with variation of its length, structural quality and iron impurity. This study will involve the MWCNT functionalization and dispersion in epoxy resin for its application in carbon fiber composites by RTM (Resin Tranfer Moulding).
The mechanical characterization of the composites is also part of the study. The production, functionalization and dispersion of the MWCNT will be performed in the National Institute for Space Research (Inpe), in São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil. The RTM process and composite characterizations will be performed in cooperation with the Aeronautics Technology Institute (ITA) and Unesp at Guaratinguetá campus.
Interested applicant should send a CV with a brief research statement as well as a list of references to corat[ at ]las.inpe.br
- PhD Scholarships in Nanotechnology Modelling, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Roberto Rocca Education Program Fellowships
- Master, PhD & Postdoctoral Positions in Structural Engineering, Kunsan National University, Korea
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Asia Health Policy, Stanford University, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neural Developmental Biology, Umeå University, Sweden
- Master, PhD & Postdoctoral in Civil Engineering, Kunsan National University, South Korea
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Postdoctoral Research, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Drugs, Security and Democracy Fellowship in Latin America and the Caribbean