Outstanding candidates are invited to apply for positions as Argonne Computational Postdoctoral Fellows.
Fellows will carry out research in computational science or engineering in one of the following areas: biological science, chemistry, earth science, engineering, materials science, nuclear energy, physics, and energy science. The home research division of each fellow will be determined based on area of interest.
Fellows will develop and implement advanced computational approaches aimed at scaling applications for high-end computing systems. Using these advanced approaches, the selected fellows will conduct large-scale simulations on leadership-class computers, with the objective of producing breakthrough research in the scientific disciplines of interest.
The successful candidates will interact with both divisional researchers and staff of the Argonne Leadership Computing Facility (ALCF) to best utilize high-performance computers. The ALCF operates a 557-teraflop IBM Blue Gene/P system for production scientific and engineering computing and a 13.9-teraflop IBM Blue Gene/P system for system software development, software testing, and tool and application porting.
Argonne is a leader in addressing the nation’s critical scientific and technological problems and has vigorous research programs in the physical, life, and environmental sciences. The laboratory is located in the southwestern Chicago suburbs, offering the advantages of affordable housing, good schools, and easy access to the cultural attractions of the city.
Fellowships are awarded for a one-year term, with possible renewal for a second year. Interested candidates should apply to cpf-fellow[ at ]anl.gov. For application requirements and further information, see www.cels.anl.gov/about/opportunities
A multidisciplinary fellowship selection committee will review application material.
Argonne is a U.S. Department of Energy laboratory managed by UChicago Argonne, LLC.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Computational Science at Argonne, USA
- Postdoctoral Research Opportunities, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA
- Postdoctoral Position, Computational Bioscience Research, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- PhD Student Positions, San Diego State University, California, USA
- Master, PhD & Postdoctoral Positions in Structural Engineering, Kunsan National University, Korea
- Master, PhD & Postdoctoral in Civil Engineering, Kunsan National University, South Korea
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
- Hermes Fellowships for Postdoctoral Student in Humanities and Social Sciences, France
- Postdoctoral Positions in Non Destructive Testing, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- PhD Studentships in the Biomolecular Electronics Research Laboratory, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.