The Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology (ACIB, www.acib.at) in Vienna has a long term programme in over expression of recombinant proteins with the Npro autoprotease fusion protein technology (Achmüller et al 2007, Kaar et al. 2009, Ueberbacher et al. 2009, Schmoeger et al 2009 and 2010, Hahn et al. 2010, Dürauer et al. 2010). Our focus is to understand the autoproteolytical reaction and the aggregation behavior on a molecular level.
A structure-function relationship for refolding, autocleavage and aggregation should be established. The project is part of a program for industrial production of polypeptides and proteins.
A PhD in biochemistry, biophysics or biotechnology with focus on protein chemistry, protein folding and/or protein analytics is requested. The appropriate candidate should have experimental skills in either protein folding/refolding, protein analysis with HPLC/HPLC-MS and good understanding of structure-function relationship of proteins. Candidates must have their prior research documented in scientific publication(s). Candidates must have excellent skills in spoken and written English, and interpersonal skills conductive to team work and group research efforts.
Start of contract: 1st September 2011
Funding is available for three years according to FFG standards plus travel funds for international scientific meetings.
How to apply:
To apply, send a .pdf file containing:
- Cover letter
- detailed CV
- contact details of three academic referees
by email (Ref. No. 15_2011) to Austrian Centre of Industrial Biotechnology, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 30th May 2011
- International PhD in Biomolecular Technology of Proteins, University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences, Austria
- PhD in Computational Mathematics, Johannes Kepler University, Austria
- Doctoral Fellowships in Industrial Biotechnology, Germany
- PhD Scholarships in Informatics, Vienna PhD School of Informatics, Austria
- 10 Master Scholarships in International Relations, Austria
- PhD Studentship in Computational Biology, Institute of Structural Biology and Biophysics (ISB-3), Germany
- Doctoral Positions, Department of Digital Architecture and Planning, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Master of Biotechnology by Coursework Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Biochemistry, Lund University, Sweden
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Postdoctoral Research, University of Pretoria, South Africa