Applications are invited for a full-time post-doctoral research position in the MULTISENSORY RESEARCH GROUP at the Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona). The post is part of the BRAINGLOT project, a Research Network on Bilingualism and Cognitive Neuroscience (Consolider-Ingenio 2010 Scheme, Spanish Ministry of Science and Education).
The project brings together the efforts of several research groups spanning different scientific disciplines with the common purpose of addressing the phenomenon of bilingualism from an open and multidisciplinary perspective. The MRG attempts to understand the use of multisensory cues (audiovisual) in the context or learning and using a second language. The project includes behavioral and neuroimaging (fMRI, ERP) approaches.
We seek a person who leads the electrophysiological aspects of the project, including the development of independent scientific studies, as well as the participation (i.e., supervision) in others. Involvement in some organizational and management aspects is also expected.
- Previous experience in ERP/EEG recording and analysis is *indispensable*
- Motivation about the question of multisensory integration and/or speech perception
- Background in cognitive neuroscience, neuroscience, and/or cognitive psychology
- Programming skills
*Applicants from outside the EU are welcome to apply but must qualify for a valid visa.
- Duration: The position will be funded and renewable for up to two years
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Salary: 28000EUR/year
- Travel: The project may require some travel
How to apply
Applications should include:
- a C.V. including a list of publications
- the names of two referees who would willing to write letters of recommendation
- a cover letter describing research interests
For informal enquiries about the position and applications, please contact Salvador Soto-Faraco. salvador.soto[at]icrea.es (http://www.mrg.upf.edu). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please, mention that you are applying to the POSTDOCTORAL position in the email subject
- PhD Scholarships in Various Research Projects at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- PhD in International Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany
- Master Scholarships, BBVA Foundation, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- CRG / “la Caixa” International PhD Programme Fellowships, Spain
- PhD Position in Robotics, University of Lübeck, Germany
- PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Spain
- European Master on Work, Organizational, and Personnel Psychology (WOP-P), Erasmus Mundus
- PhD Studentships, Prof David Linden, School of Psychology, Bangor University, UK
- PhD & Postdoctoral Positions in Neuroimaging, Europe
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.