VIB is an autonomous research institute conducting pioneering research in the life sciences. Clustered around a broad range of disciplines (molecular biology, cell biology, developmental biology, structural biology, genetics, proteomics, …), the research at VIB intends to gather innovative basic knowledge on normal, abnormal, or pathological processes occurring in an organism (humans, plants, micro-organisms) using gene technological research. Through a close partnership with the 4 Flemish Universities of Ghent, Leuven, Antwerp and Brussels, VIB unites the great expertise and broad experience of about 1200 researchers and technicians. Together with these universities and a strong backbone funding, VIB continuously invests to stimulate top research, to pursue an active technology transfer policy towards its research findings and to communicate the gathered scientific information to the broad public. (http://www.vib.be/VIB/EN/).
The VIB Department of Molecular Genetics is one of 8 research departments of VIB. With near 100 researchers working in 4 research groups, the department aims to understand the complex nature of neurological and psychiatric human diseases (http://www.molgen.ua.ac.be/). The department disposes over the expertise of centralized service facilities like the Genetic Service Facility and the Diagnostic Service Facility, as well as central units with expert knowledge in functional genomics, technology development and bio-informatics.
- PhD Studentships in Human Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Molecular Genetics, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Genomics of Ageing, University of Liverpool, UK
- Doctoral Student in Accounting, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Tumor Angiogenesis, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Postdoctoral Position, Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine, USA
- PhD Student, Department of Pediatrics and Medical Genetics, Ghent University, Belgium
- PhD Studentships in the Field of Ecology of Infections, University of Antwerp, Belgium
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.