This Core laboratory focuses on the development of optical imaging techniques for molecular imaging with biomedical and biological applications. The candidate should have hands-on experience in one or more of the following: optical instrumentation development, biomedical optics, optical microscopy (confocal and multiphoton, FRET, Raman), optical spectroscopy, fiber based microscopy. Exceptional experience in multiphoton mouse imaging is required.
Proficiency in programming using C++, Matlab and Labview are a benefit.
Applicant should present a strong publication record and demonstrate independence in research.
We offer excellent training opportunities in a highly collaborative research environment including molecular biology, system biology, stem cell biology, cardiovascular disease, cancer and imaging disciplines. The candidate will be engaged on multiple collaborative projects.
Requirements: Applicants should have a PhD degree or equivalents in one of the following discipline: Applied Physics / Biophysics, Biological Sciences, Optical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering with a strong background in different optical imaging techniques; in particular, in-vivo multiphoton microscopy.
All interested applicants should submit a CV and two letters of reference to Claudio Vinegoni cvinegoni[at]mgh.harvard.edu
Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential in all positions. Competitive academic salaries. Ability to keep good records and work independently is essential. MGH is an equal opportunity employer.
- Committee on General Scholarships, Harvard University, USA
- Harvard Postdoctoral Position in Science, Technology and Society, Harvard University, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Japanese Studies, Harvard University, USA
- Frank Knox Fellowships, Harvard University, USA
- Postdoctoral Positions in Non Destructive Testing, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- Postdoctoral Position, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Germany
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Postdoctoral Position, Research Center of Applied Sciences (RCAS), Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship, Harvard Business School, USA
- Harvard Academy Graduate Fellowships, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.