Postdoctoral Research Fellow (DNA from Ancient Soils), Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Faculty of Science and Engineering
We are actively seeking a postdoctoral researcher to investigate ancient DNA (aDNA) and its mobility in tephra-derived soils and paleosols, and to study its reliability/utility in the reconstruction of past environments. This project “DNA from ancient soils” has been funded by the NZ Marsden Fund for three years.
Applications are sought from candidates experienced in molecular biology and aDNA analysis, with a strong background in computational and infomatics skills. Some experience in soil chemistry/mineralogy/microbiology would be an advantage. The work will be performed in both New Zealand (University of Waikato) and Australia (University of Adelaide).
The successful applicant will have been awarded their PhD at the time of taking up the appointment, and will have successfully published papers from their doctoral research.
Salary will be in the range of NZ$63,327 to $70,326 per year, depending on skills and experience.
Enquiries of an academic nature can be directed to Professor David Lowe, Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Waikato, email: email@example.com or see http://earth.waikato.ac.nz/
Enquiries of an academic nature can also be directed to Professor Alan Cooper, Australian Centre for Ancient DNA, University of Adelaide, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or see http://www.adelaide.edu.au/acad/
- Postdoctoral Position, Junior Fellowship Ontario Centre for Engineering and Public Policy (OCEPP), Canada
- PhD Scholarships, International Centre for Muslim and Non-Muslim Understanding, University of South Australia
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Democracy, Citizenship, and Constitutionalism, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Fitzjames Research Fellowship in Philosophy, Merton College, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD and Postdoctoral in Renewable and Distributed Power Generation at University of Wollongong, Australia
- Postdoctoral Fellow Positions in Biology, Colorado State University, USA
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Singapore Immunology Network (SIgN), Singapore
- Postdoctoral Position in Driver Sleepiness Detection, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Computational Science or Engineering, Argonne National Laboratory, USA
- Patricia Pratt Scholarship in Musical Performance, Massey University, New Zealand
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
How can I apply for postdoctral research program?