The overall goal of the lab is to determine the innate mechanisms which drive pathogenic autoimmunity.
Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a complex chronic autoimmune disease that is classically associated with the production of pathogenic autoantibodies to a wide spectrum of nuclear antigens. This leads to an immune complex deposition of self-reactive material culminating with cellular recruitment, cytokine production and overall inflammation within organs such as the kidney. Our recent and ongoing investigations into the functional variations of several SLE susceptibility loci, including Yaa and Sle3, have demonstrated that these disease alleles enhance responses to TLR ligands and mediate myeloid cell hyperactivity.
Each project will determine the mechanism by which TLR7 and TLR9 augment autoimmunity. There will be additional opportunities for motivated postdocs to work “hands on” with collaborators in the US.
- PhD or MD / PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology or Biology or Genetics
- Highly motivated person with strong interest in science research
- Excellent organizational skill
- Interactive person, with ability to work independently
- Experienced in flow cytometry/molecular biology /cloning/ mouse transgenics or knockouts.
- Good communication in English is required
Interested applicants should send a copy of CV and cover letter to Dr. Fairhurst via email.
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- NUS MBA Awards - National University of Singapore
- Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Asia Journalism Fellowship, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.