A postdoctoral position is available in the Integrative Genomics of Ageing Group to study mammalian ageing and its modulation by diet using functional genomics based on next-generation sequencing technologies. The successful candidate will design and carry out experiments using state-of-the-art technology plus collaborate with bioinformaticians to analyse the resulting high-throughput data.
Candidates should have a PhD and research experience in genetics, genomics, molecular biology or related fields. Experience in functional genomics, in particular in transcriptional profiling and/or with next-generation sequencing technologies, as well as bioinformatic analyses would be a plus.
The post is available for 3 years.
Informal enquiries are welcomed and should be directed to Dr de Magalhaes (aging[ at ]liv.ac.uk). Closing date for receipt of applications: 26 February, 2010. To apply please visit this page.
Other Research Opportunities in the Biology of Ageing
We have other projects available for enthusiastic and ambitious self-funded students and postdocs. Projects can be experimental, computational, or a combination of both and are tailored to the interests of the individual. Prospective students and postdocs are welcome to contact us (aging[ at ]liv.ac.uk) to discuss possible common interests and we are happy to support applications for external fellowships.
Integrative Genomics of Ageing Group
The focus of our group is on the biology and genetics of ageing. Our research combines modern bioinformatics and experimental methods, in particular cell and molecular biology, to help decipher the human genome and provide new insights into the genetics of longevity, ageing and other complex traits. Our group is located in the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Liverpool in the UK. We have active collaborations with research groups in Europe, Israel, and the USA. Although travelling is not essential, it is therefore possible for members of our group to acquire additional expertise in other labs. More information about our group and projects we are involved in are available online: http://pcwww.liv.ac.uk/~aging/
- LLB Law for Graduates Scholarships, University of Liverpool, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships, School of Environmental Sciences, University of Liverpool, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards, The University of Liverpool, UK
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Leiden Institute for History, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Postdoctoral Researcher In Organic Chemistry, Hasselt University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Children’s Critical Care, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- PhD Studentships in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Human Neurophysiology, University of Oxford, UK
- PhD Studentships, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.