From September 1, 2012, the Institute for History of the Faculty of Humanities of Leiden University has available a full-time Postdoctoral position (38 hrs) for 4 years in the NWO VICI project Crime and Gender 1600-1900: a comparative perspective, section Social and Economic History.
The Postdoctoral researcher will examine gender differences in crime and changing concepts of crime and gender and the public roles of men and women in Europe, particularly England, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands. The research will lead to a monograph in English on crime and gender and concepts of public roles in Europe 1790-1900, and is part of the project Crime and Gender 1600-1900 in which various regions within Europe will be compared. Supervisor: dr. M.P.C. van der Heijden (Social History).
The section Social and Economic History is a dynamic research group with enthusiastic researchers and lecturers with a very good track record in attracting national and international research grants. Research specializations: modern and early modern migration, global history, urban institutions, welfare state, gender, family, and crime.
- Writing of a monograph in English;
- Submitting research results for publication in international peer-reviewed academic journals;
- Presenting papers at (international) conferences;
- Organizing conference sessions and project conference on crime and gender;
- Teaching university course(s) on 19th century social or legal history.
- Studying Law in Leiden University Law School Information Session, Nuffic Neso Indonesia
- PhD Positions, Leiden Observatory, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Education and Teacher Training, Netherlands
- Summer School Utrecht Scholarship, Indonesian Young Leaders, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Oort and NOVA Scholarships, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
- Master Scholarships, Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS), Netherlands
- Master and PhD Scholarships in Casimir Effect, The Delft-Leiden Casimir Research School, Netherlands
- PhD / Postdoc in Experimental Physics, Leiden University, Netherlands
- PhD Studentship in Phenotypic Engineering of Higher Plants, Leiden University, Netherlands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
For more information, please visit official website: vacatures.leidenuniv.nl.