The Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders formerly known as Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia (iMIND) at the University of California, Irvine is internationally recognized for its research accomplishments in disorders of the brain, particularly those that are age-related. The Institute is UCI’s center for aging and dementia research, with our faculty seeking to understand the causes leading to neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia, Lewy body dementia, and Huntington’s disease.
We aim to identify the life-style factors that promote wellness and “successful aging.” For those suffering from age-related memory problems, our goal is to diagnose disease, identify means for effectively treating it, and provide help to families and caregivers.
Neuroscience with a focus on cellular and molecular biology and expertise in neuroscience research, central nervous system regeneration, testing the mechanisms of integration of neural stem cells in rodent models of spinal cord injury and mechanisms controlling neuronal stem cell fate decisions in vitro and in vivo. Essential skills include experience with neural stem cells, and training in spinal cord injury techniques, including surgical and behavioral analyses
The University of California, Irvine is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
To apply: Please submit a letter of interest, a curriculum vitae which should include a record of research experience, and the names of three references before 10/31/09 to:
Dr. Aileen Anderson
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders
1107 GNRF, Zot Code: 4540
Irvine, CA 92697-4540
Email at aja[at]uci.edu
- PhD Student Positions, San Diego State University, California, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Asia Health Policy, Stanford University, USA
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Postdoctoral Research, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biochemistry and Molecular / Cellular Biology, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Postdoctoral Research Opportunities, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USA
- Postdoctoral Position, Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine, USA
- Postdoctoral Position, Junior Fellowship Ontario Centre for Engineering and Public Policy (OCEPP), Canada
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Neural Developmental Biology, Umeå University, Sweden
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Tumor Angiogenesis, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- The Michigan Society of Fellows 2010, University of Michigan, USA