A full-time postgraduate scholarship is available for a suitably qualified candidate to undertake research studies leading to a PhD in Plant Biochemistry. The project is to define the biosynthetic pathway of chlorophyll f at the genomic and proteomic levels focusing on formation of formyl group in chlorophylls.
Applicants should have a good honours degree in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology and an interest in the molecular biology and biochemistry of plants. Some knowledge of photosynthesis and experience in basic laboratory techniques, such as spectrophotometers, electrophoresis, PCR and HPLC, is desirable.
The scholarship is valued at $25,000 per annum (tax exempt) and may be renewed for up to three years, subject to satisfactory progress. Please note the stipend does not cover any tuition fees payable by international students.
Further information can be obtained from Associate Professor Min Chen, School of Biological Sciences (A08), The University of Sydney NSW 2006 (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Associate professor Robert Willows, Macquarie University (Phone: +61 2 9850 8146). Applicants should send a full application direct to Associate Professor Min Chen at the above address and should include a curriculum vitae, a copy of an academic transcript, and the names and contact details of at least two referees.
Closing date: 16 December 2011
- International Master Scholarship in Law, University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarships in Hydrogeochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
- Jae My Postgraduate Scholarship in Korean Studies, University of Sydney, Australia
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS), Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Tropical Palaeo-climate, University of Sydney, Australia
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Cancer Epidemiology (Gynaecological Cancers), University of Sydney, Australia
- PhD Scholarship in Experimental Fluid Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia
- PhD Scholarship in Canopy Architecture, University of Sydney, Australia
- International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships (IPCS), Faculty of Arts, University of Sydney, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.