The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust (ANFCT) was set up in 1977 in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote their particular interests in education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development.
The University and ANFCT are pleased to announce jointly-funded postgraduate scholarships for international students commencing Masters programmes at the University in 2010.
There will be up to five postgraduate taught scholarships. Each scholarship is worth £10,000 towards the cost of tuition fees, which is paid directly the University of Birmingham. These are for students who are both nationals of, and domiciled, in a country in Africa.
In order to be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Be classified as ‘overseas’ for fees purposes
- Have applied for a place to study on a one year Masters degree programme at the University and been issued with a student ID number
- Complete and submit a Scholarship Application Form together with copies of academic transcripts and at least one academic reference by the closing deadline of 28 May 2010
- Accept an offer of a place on a one year Masters degree and meet the conditions of any offer
- Have made adequate financial provision for study in the UK
- Applicants must not be in receipt of a full scholarship from any other source
- Awards for 2010 entry cannot be deferred
- Scholarship awards will be deducted from the tuition fees payable to the University
- By submitting an application, candidates agree to their name being published as a scholarship winner and becoming an ambassador for the University
The Joint University of Birmingham and ANFCT scholarships are open to any of the one year Masters programmes, with the exception of MBA and clinical programmes.
A scholarship selection panel will consider the information provided on the candidate’s Scholarship Application Form and postgraduate application form and will make the awards on the basis of academic achievement. Successful candidates will be informed in writing by 30 June 2009.
- Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust scholarship application form
- Guidance notes to complete the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust scholarship application
For further information please contact:
Student Funding Office
University of Birmingham
B15 2TT, UK
Tel: +44(0) 121 414 2705
Fax: +44(0) 121 414 6637
Please note that the closing date for applications is 28 May 2010.
We will be unable to consider applications received after this date.
Visit official website.
- Masters in Finance Scholarships, London Business School, UK
- LLM Scholarships, Birmingham Law School, University of Birmingham, UK
- International Business Scholarships, University of Birmingham, UK
- International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Birmingham, UK
- Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Birmingham, UK
- MSc in Robotics Scholarship, University of Birmingham, UK
- LLB Scholarships, Birmingham Law School, University of Birmingham, UK
- Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships in Film, Visual & Performing Arts, University of Kent, UK
- Queen Elizabeth II Scholarships, University of Birmingham, UK
- HIV Research Trust Scholarships, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.