A full-time postgraduate scholarship is available for a suitably qualified candidate with a good honours degree in science, agriculture or land and water science to undertake research studies leading to a Masters in Hydrogeochemistry. The project is to investigate groundwater quality to identify the residence time and origins and mixing of the groundwaters in the South West Sydney area in relation to dryland salinity. This project is funded by the NSW Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water.
Applicants should have a demonstrated strong research experience preferably with an understanding of groundwater and groundwater chemistry. A valid drivers licence for Australia is a requirement for the position given the fieldwork involved.
The scholarship is valued at $22,860 per annum (tax exempt) and may be renewed for up to two years, subject to satisfactory progress.
Further information can be obtained from Dr. Willem Vervoort, Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources C81, The University of Sydney NSW 2006 (Phone: 02 8627 1054; Fax: 02 8627 1099 E-mail: email@example.com). Applications should be sent direct to Dr. Willem Vervoort at the above address and should include a curriculum vitae, a copy of an academic transcript, and the names and contact details of at least two referees.
Closing date: 28 February 2011
- International Master Scholarship in Law, University of Sydney, Australia
- University of Sydney International Scholarship (USydIS), Australia
- Jae My Postgraduate Scholarship in Korean Studies, University of Sydney, Australia
- Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Tropical Palaeo-climate, University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Cancer Epidemiology (Gynaecological Cancers), University of Sydney, Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Plant Biochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
- PhD Scholarship in Experimental Fluid Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia
- PhD Scholarship in Environmental Fluid Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia
- International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships (IPCS), Faculty of Arts, University of Sydney, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.