University of Edinburgh Postgraduate Studentships
The Centre for the Advanced Study of the Arab World (CASAW) at the University of Edinburgh is pleased to invite applications for the following postgraduate studentships:
- One 1-yr Masters + 3-year PhD Studentship
- One 2-yr Masters Studentship
The 1+3 studentship will be available to an outstanding student who wishes to undertake doctoral study at the Centre for the Advanced Study of the Arab World, University of Edinburgh, starting in September 2010. The studentship may be split up into a one-year Masters award and 3-year PhD award to accommodate the applicant pool. Applications will be accepted from students intending to study any aspect of the Arab world (including, but not limited to: history, politics, religion, anthropology, international relations).
The 2-year Masters studentship will be available to an outstanding student who wishes to undertake the 2-year Masters degree in Arab World Studies at the University of Edinburgh starting in September 2010. This degree comprises 8 months in Edinburgh dedicated to intensive study of the Arabic language and training in research methods followed by 4 months at an institution in the Arab world. The second year of the programme is done at Edinburgh and includes further Arabic language training, discursive courses and a dissertation.
The above studentships will include a stipend of c. £13,000 per annum and cover the cost of home/EU tuition fees. Applicants must fulfil the University`s home fee requirements. Please see the following website for clarification:
Please submit an application for study via the following link http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/postgraduate/applying and indicate in your application that you wish to apply for CASAW funding and include a CV, covering letter, and 2 academic references. If applying for doctoral funding, submit a research proposal of 2000 words.
If you have further questions, please contact the CASAW Administrator (admin[at]casaw.ac.uk).
Please note that in addition to the above studentships, a limited number of awards will be available at CASAW`s partner universities, the University of Manchester and Durham University. For information about these awards, contact the CASAW Administrator (admin[at]casaw.ac.uk).
Application deadline: May 15, 2010
Further information about CASAW is available at http://www.casaw.ac.uk/
- PhD Studentships in Computing at Napier University, UK
- PhD Studentships in Informatics, School of Computing, Napier University, Edinburgh, UK
- Edinburgh Global Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Islamic Studies, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, University of Oxford, UK
- Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- The McFarlane PhD Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
- PhD Studentships in Media Studies, University of Sunderland, UK
- Chemistry Tercentenary International Masters Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
- School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK