Two postgraduate Studentships are available in the School of Environmental Sciences. These challenging PhD research and teaching studentship are a good foundation if you are thinking of pursuing a lectureship position in the future. The positions incorporate a significant term-time teaching commitment and a research project of your design. You should have a minimum 2.1 degree in Geography or related subject, with excellent academic skills you will need to be well organized in order to balance research and teaching tasks, and to enjoy teaching and supporting UG students.
What we offer:
- Full home/EU tuition fees
- Full training to support future academic career aspiration
- 2 x 10 HEA accredited modules Ed Dev Courses EDEV306/307 (optional).
- Learning and teaching experience in labs, lectures, and field
- 4 years stipend to cover maintenance costs (£12k pa)
- Up to £ 500 pa to support field work costs and conference attendance
What we are looking for:
Determined individuals who want to develop their own research AND are keen on developing undergraduate teaching skills and experience on Geography degree programmes and modules taken by environmental science students. You will be responsible for delivering year 1 tutorials, acting as demonstrator on field classes and running GIS- (and other) lab practicals. The total teaching commitment will be 10 h per week (on average in term time).
Your project will be jointly supervised by staff with relevant expertise, and will be integrated and supported through existing research groups.
£12,000 pa stipend
Department of Geography
Location: Liverpool City Centre
Closing date for receipt of applications: 10 July 2010
Start date: 1 October 2010
To apply please send a CV, a project proposal (max 2 pages A4) that has been agreed after consultation with your potential supervisory team to: Jayne Avies, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, The University of Liverpool, Department of Geography, Roxby Building, Liverpool, L69 7ZT, United Kingdom
- PhD Studentships in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- PhD Studentship in Children’s Critical Care, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- LLB Law for Graduates Scholarships, University of Liverpool, UK
- PhD Studentships, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, UK
- 140 Master & Doctoral Research Studentships, Northumbria University, UK
- International Postgraduate Scholarships, Liverpool Hope University, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships in Research of Energy, Environment and Health, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards, The University of Liverpool, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.