The President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF) is awarded to candidates who show exceptional promise or accomplishment in research. A number of Ph.D. research students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
The PGF is open to full-time candidates of all nationalities. Incoming Ph.D. students and current NUS Research Scholars (with the exception of SMA and NGS students) who have passed the Ph.D. Qualifying Examination (QE) are eligible to be considered for the award.
- A monthly stipend throughout the period of award as follows:
- Tuition fees at the University;
- A one-off air travel allowance for 1 one-way ticket of up to S$750 (only for overseas students); and
- A one-off settling allowance of S$1,000 (only for overseas students)
The award is tenable for an initial 1 year and, subject to the awardee’s satisfactory progress, renewable annually up to a maximum of 4 years. For candidates who were transferred from a NUS Research Scholarship to a PGF, the total period of their tenure on both schemes must not exceed 4 years.
Incoming Ph.D. students will have to indicate their interest in the PGF via the NUS Graduate Research Programme Application System. Current NUS Research Scholars who have passed the Ph.D. QE and wish to be considered for the award will have to apply to their respective departments.
August intake: 15 November
January intake: 15 May
Notification of Award
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications sometime in May (for August intake) or October (January intake).
Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants are required to sign a letter of undertaking agreeing to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the PGF. A copy of the current terms and conditions can be accessed here.
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- MSc in Strategic Studies, International Relations at Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- NGS Scholarship (NGSS), National University of Singapore
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (NPGS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Master Scholarships in Food Technology, Wageningen University, Netherlands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.