Two scholarships are available, one for an overseas fee-paying student and one for a UK/EU fee-paying student, for the full-time MA South East Asian Studies at SOAS for the academic session 2011/12.
The scholarship for the overseas fee-paying student is intended to off-set the tuition fees at the overseas rate. The scholarship for the UK/EU fee-paying students is intended to off-set the tuition fees at the UK/EU rate*. (*Please note that this scholarship does not cover the Equal Learning Qualification - ELQ fee. Due to a change in Government funding policy if you are applying for a Masters degree and already have an equivalent or higher qualification or expect to complete an equivalent or higher qualification while studying for a Master’s degree at SOAS, you will be liable to higher fees)
- The full-time MA South East Asian Studies
- Applicants must have applied for a place to study at the School at least four weeks before the scholarship closing date in order to be considered for these scholarships.
- Applicants must normally possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with upper second class level may also apply, but will not be given preference. Students with a non-UK degree will be assessed on the basis of their references and transcripts.
- This scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of three academic members, one from each Faculty. The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 5pm on 29 April 2011.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must have also applied for a place to study at the School preferably four weeks before the scholarship closing date (ie by 1 April2011) but no later than the scholarship application deadline in order to be considered for this scholarship. The application for a place must be complete.
Notification of Results
- All applicants will be notified by e-mail regarding the outcome of their application, generally by the end of June. The successful candidates will also be notified by letter. If you have not heard from us by mid-July, please contact the Scholarships Officer.
A scholarship application form and guidance notes for applying are available for download or can be obtained from:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5091 / 5094
Fax: +44 (0)20 7074 5089
- Felix Non-Indian Scholarship, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- Academy of Korean Studies Bursaries, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- Sochon Foundation Scholarship, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- Kayoko Tsuda Bursary (Japanese Studies), School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- King Saud Foundation Prize, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- Kamran Djam Scholarships, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- Masters in Finance Scholarships, London Business School, UK
- Aida Sulayman Arif Bursary in Art and Archaeology, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK
- PhD Scholarships, Department of English and Creative Writing, Roehampton University, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships in Research of Energy, Environment and Health, UK