The Radcliffe Institute Fellowship Program is a scholarly community where individuals pursue advanced work across a wide range of academic disciplines, professions, and creative arts. Radcliffe Institute fellowships are designed to support scholars, scientists, artists, and writers of exceptional promise and demonstrated accomplishment who wish to pursue work in academic and professional fields and in the creative arts. In recognition of Radcliffe`s historic contributions to the education of women and to the study of issues related to women, the Radcliffe Institute sustains a continuing commitment to the study of women, gender, and society. Applicants` projects need not focus on gender, however. Women and men from across the United States and throughout the world, including developing countries, are encouraged to apply. We seek to build a community of fellows that is diverse in every way.
Former fellows of the Radcliffe Institute Fellowship Program (1999 to present) are not eligible to apply.
Each application is reviewed in a dual-tiered process by peers in relevant disciplines. Applications are judged on the quality and significance of the proposed project and the applicant`s record of achievement and promise. Applicants are notified by e-mail of the results of the selection process in March.
Terms and Conditions
Stipends are funded up to $65,000 for one year with additional funds for project expenses. Some support for relocation expenses is provided where relevant. If so directed, Radcliffe will pay the stipend to the fellow`s home institution.
- Asia Center Graduate Summer Research Grants, Harvard University, USA
- Radcliffe Department of Medicine PhD Scholarship, University of Oxford, UK
- Harvard Academy Graduate Fellowships, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Japanese Studies, Harvard University, USA
- Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship, Harvard Business School, USA
- Committee on General Scholarships, Harvard University, USA
- Harvard Postdoctoral Position in Science, Technology and Society, Harvard University, USA
- Frank Knox Fellowships, Harvard University, USA
- Nuclear Security Fellowship, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard University, USA
- Harvard Academy Fellowships in Social Sciences, History and Law, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.