Lucy Cavendish College is offering two stipendiary Research Fellowships and one non-stipendiary Research Fellowship for women* who hold PhDs**. The appointments will be for one year in the first instance from 1 October 2011 and will be renewable annually until 30 September 2014, when the Research Fellowships will terminate. The Research Fellowships are subject to satisfactory progress and annual reports.
ISAAC NEWTON - DOROTHY EMMET RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
For research in the Arts and Humanities, with a preference for Law and English.
The stipend for each of these Research Fellowships will be £17,111 per annum, depending on funding already available to the candidate.
Candidates who wish to hold the Research Fellowship on a part-time basis will also be considered, in which case the stipend would be pro-rata.The successful candidates will be expected to undertake four hours of small group teaching a week, to become members of the College, to reside in Cambridge and to participate fully in College life.
NON-STIPENDIARY RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
Greenwood Bidder Research Fellowship there is no restriction on subject but in cases of equal merit, preference will be given to candidates working in the Natural Sciences, particularly Biological Sciences. Candidates for this Research Fellowship should be in receipt of full funding.
Both stipendiary and non-stipendiary Research Fellows are entitled to a meals allowance and a small travel/book grant. The Sutasoma and Isaac Newton-Dorothy Emmet Research Fellows may also be offered subsidized accommodation in College, subject to availability.
The appointments will be conditional upon the successful candidates providing satisfactory evidence of the right to work in England in the capacity offered, together with proof of entry clearance/leave to remain.
Closing date for receipt of applications and references is Noon on Wednesday 2 March 2011. Interviews will be held in early May 2011.
The links to the online application systems for each of the Research Fellowships are set out below:
- Online application for Sutasoma Research Fellowship
- Online application for Isaac Newton-Dor0thy Emmet Research Fellowship
- Online application for Greenwood Bidder Research Fellowship
*By the Employment Act 1989, the College has exemption from the provisions of the Sex Discrimination Act, 1975 in relation to gender.
** The successful candidates must hold a doctorate at the time of the start of the appointment in October 2011.
Visit official website.
- Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowships, King’s College, University of Cambridge, UK
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, University of Cambridge, UK
- Schlumberger Interdisciplinary Research Fellowship, Darwin College, UK
- PhD Studentship, British Lung Foundation, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, UK
- Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship, University of Cambridge, UK
- Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (CISS), University of Cambridge, UK
- LyondellBasell Cambridge MBA Scholarship, University of Cambridge, UK
- Abdullah Al-Mubarak Research Fellowship in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies, Pembroke College, UK
- PhD Studentship, Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, UK
- International Student PhD Fellowships, The University of Ferrara, Italy
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.