Research Opportunity (Scientists / Materials Scientists)
Fixed Term Full Time Fellowship (2 years)
The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science (ACES) brings together some of the foremost researchers in chemistry, materials science, physics, biology and mathematics in Australia to explore, develop and exploit a wide range of new materials. This ARC linkage project, a collaboration with Boston Scientific, has been awarded specifically to undertake research that will result in the construction of Advanced Materials for Stents to be used to bring unique capabilities to the field of stent design. A multi-component degradable stent system is expected to bring significant improvements in vascular therapeutic treatments.
The Centre draws its core expertise from its research partners: the University of Wollongong, Monash University, St Vincent’s Health, The University of Tasmania, Deakin University and La Trobe University. The successful candidate will become part of the Bionics program within the ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science (ACES) and carry out collaborative work with Boston Scientific, Assoc. Prof. Rob Kapsa at St. Vincents Hospital in Melbourne and Prof Maria Forsyth at Deakin University.
The candidate will conduct research in a supportive and intellectually stimulating environment and will be required to exchange ideas and problems with the current team of diverse researchers and research students. Strong motivation and keenness to publish in peer-reviewed journals and in national as well as international conferences are highly desirable.
For applications to be considered, candidates must address the selection criteria specified in the Position Description, which is available from the University website. For further information about this position, please contact Professor Gordon Wallace, Executive Research Director of ACES, on +61 2 4221 3127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment is based on merit. As women are under-represented in academic positions, suitably qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Information about IPRI is available at http://www.uow.edu.au/science/research/ipri
Information about ACES is available at http://www.electromaterials.edu.au
Applications Close: 5 September 2010
Quote Ref No 23675
- PhD Research Scholarship in Asia Pacific Studies, University of Wollongong, Australia
- PhD and Postdoctoral in Renewable and Distributed Power Generation at University of Wollongong, Australia
- PhD Research Scholarships, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- PhD Scholarships in Superconducting Coils for Saturated Core Fault Current Limiters, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Master & Doctoral Scholarships by Australian Leadership Awards 2011, Australia
- Vavilov-Frankel Research Fellowships, Bioversity International
- Master Scholarships in Food Technology, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Roberto Rocca Education Program Fellowships
- Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr. Research Fellowships, John F. Kennedy Library Foundation, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.