Research higher degree scholarships are available to support candidates who have an excellent academic record to undertake their research program on a full time basis. There is one main scholarship round each year where scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit including undergraduate grade point average and extra research attainments.
Up to three of the highest ranked domestic applicants will receive a “Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship for Outstanding Candidates”. They will receive an additional $10,000 per annum on top of the living allowance.
What does the scholarship offer?
- The 2013 full-time rate provides a living allowance of $24,653 per annum
- Most international scholarships also cover tuition fees
The Scholarship may include other benefits such as:
- Thesis allowance
- Relocation allowance (if required) to the value of an economy airfare
Master’s degree scholarships are for two years and PhD scholarships run for three years, less any tenure already completed towards an RHD.
- International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships (IUMS), Newcastle University, UK
- FEBE International Student Scholarship, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Newcastle University ASEAN Scholarship for Indonesia, UK
- Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarship (NUIPS), UK
- Faculty of Medical Sciences MRes and MSc International Scholarships, Newcastle University, UK
- Newcastle University Foundation Scholarships, UK
- The US Friends Student Scholarship, Newcastle University, UK
- The Napolitano Student Scholarship, Newcastle University, UK
- Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, Newcastle University, UK
- Sager Family Foundation Graduate Scholarship for Working Musicians, Newcastle University, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.