A Researcher position (at postdoctoral or post master level) is available in Environmental Microbial Systems Group, School of Civil & Environmental Engineering (CEE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. The research will focus on the development of an anaerobic bioprocess converting organic wastes / bioproducts to bioenergy and other valuable products. In parallel with designing and operating novel reactor systems, temporal dynamics of key microbial groups involved in the system will be studied. Efforts to describe correlations between microbial shifts, operating factors, and process performance, will be made employing a combination of molecular and statistical tools.
The successful applicant will be invited to contribute to several different research works in our group. Self motivated and team oriented individuals interested in environmental bioprocess engineering and microbiology/biotechnology are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have a full command of oral and written English and significant experience conducting scientific experiments. Candidates with expertise in anaerobic bioprocess engineering (i.e., set up, operation, and monitoring of anaerobic bioreactors) and/or in molecular/microbiological techniques will be given preference. Experience in interdisciplinary working environments is a plus. A PhD or Master degree in environmental engineering, microbiology or a closely related field is desirable.
The incumbent is expected to play a significant role in writing academic papers, project proposals, and technical reports. The initial appointment is for one year and will be renewable depending on funding availability and performance. Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Medical benefits and one month bonus (on the basis of performance) will also be provided. Special support for attending oversea conferences is also available. Universityâ€™s standard salary scale applies.
NTU is a major research intensive university in Singapore, and is highly recognized for its excellence in science and engineering. It is highly ranked in many international comparisons of higher education.
For more information on NTU: http://www.ntu.edu.sg
For more information on the group: http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/LeeChangsoo
Interested applicants can apply by sending a cover letter, a CV with a complete list of publications, and contact details of references to Dr. Changsoo Lee at LeeChangsoo[at]ntu.edu.sg
Applications submitted by 16th April will be given a full consideration but the position is open until it is filled. We regret only the shortlisted applicants will be notified.
- PhD Scholarships in Environmental Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Graduate and Postdoctoral Research in Medical Engineering, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Studentship, Equatorial Waves and Intra-seasonal Oscillations, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships, Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- 2011 Summer Research Internship, Ultrafast Optical Spectroscopy, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Nanyang Fellows MBA Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Graduate Fellowships and Postdoctoral Positions in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Singapore
- Nanyang Presidentâ€™s Graduate Scholarships (NPGS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore