Ruth Whaley Bursary for Women in Finance
supported by Cambridge Judge Business School
This bursary aims to encourage more women with a finance background to undertake an MBA, with the hope that more women will take up senior finance positions in future.
The bursary offers £10,000 to one candidate per intake. The successful recipient will also be mentored by Ruth Whaley as part of this award. Ruth is the founder and Principal at Barset Consulting LLC, a Risk Management Consulting firm in New York: she is a senior finance executive with more than 25 years’ experience in global fixed income and risk management at the executive and board level.
This bursary is open to women currently working in finance. Candidates need to have accepted an offer of admission from the Cambridge MBA programme, have a high GMAT score, and have attended a top university.
Interested applicants should first apply to the Cambridge MBA and if accepted, they will be asked to submit a one-page essay on how a particular sector in the financial services industry (e.g. investment banks, retail banks, etc.) can rebuild public trust in the sector. Candidates are free to choose the sector within the financial services industry to focus on. Essays are to be submitted by 26 April 2013.
For further details, please contact the MBA Admissions staff.
For more information, please visit official website: www.jbs.cam.ac.uk.
- Student Finance 2010/11, Queen Mary, UK Government
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, University of Cambridge, UK
- LyondellBasell Cambridge MBA Scholarship, University of Cambridge, UK
- Masters in Finance Scholarships, London Business School, UK
- MSc Research Studentship on Fatigue Performance of Laser Peened Aluminium Alloys, Cranfield University, UK
- Boustany Foundation MBA Scholarship, University of Cambridge, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarships, Ailie Donald Bursary, University of Edinburgh, UK
- MSc Scholarships in Finance, University of Stirling, UK
- PhD Studentship, British Lung Foundation, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, UK
- Schlumberger Interdisciplinary Research Fellowship, Darwin College, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.