SABIC is the Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, one of the world’s leading global manufacturers of chemicals, fertilizers, plastics and metals. We supply these materials to our customers, who use them to make the products on which the world has come to depend such as computers, mobile phones, aircraft interior components, automotive parts, and clean water pipes. At some time, somewhere in the world, a SABIC product impacts your daily life.
Our success is the result of several key areas of focus: investments in local partnerships, outstanding research and technology, innovative products, and our ambition for global growth. And last, but certainly not least, because of our talented employees who have a passion to deliver.
Our goal is to become the world’s preferred leader in chemicals. We will achieve our aim by supplying high-quality products and services to our customers.
- We are a highly successful leader in the petrochemical industry
- We have a culture of innovation, with state of the art technology centers around the globe to create the next breakthrough solution
- We have global career opportunities to work with the best and the brightest… everyday our 33,000 employees working in over 100 countries engage in new ideas and methods of working to bring outstanding results
- We believe sustainability is key not only to our future as a company, but also to our prospects as a society – we will educate, inspire and provide resources and support to make a difference
Environmental Health, Safety and Security is at the heart of all we do, there is no compromise.
Who is eligible?
SABIC offers a scholarship to a talented master’s student, who has been admitted to one of the master’s programmes of the School of Business and Economics starting in September 2013. Candidates applying for this scholarship should have interest in the chemicals industry and B-to-b markets. Preffered education areas are supply chain management, business administration, chemical engineering, finance, HR and communications..
Candidates must have met all requirements of the application procedure. The scholarship is meant as a contribution to the living expenses for a maximum period of 12 months. SABIC has affiliates and offices in 40 different countries (see www.sabic.com). Nationals from these countries are preferred.
Applicants must meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa for the Netherlands.
The scholarship is a contribution to the living expenses for the duration of the master’s programme at Maastricht University with a maximum of 12 months.
Sabic Europe scholarship 2012-2013
- Allowance per month, € 800, arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office
- Health and liability insurance, € 500, Arranged and paid by the Scholarship Office
- Visa costs, € 600, Paid by the Scholarship Office
Application and selection
Please download the application form for the Sabic Europe scholarship.
The deadline for submitting a scholarship application is 1 March 2013. In order to be eligible for a scholarship, you need to be admitted to a master’s programme. This means that we need a complete file, for the Msc programme also, before 1 March 2013.
Therefore we advise students to take the gmat- or gre, Toefl/Ielts test before 10th February. Please include your scholarship application in your master’s application and upload this document in the category ‘Apply for Scholarship’ in My UM. We will not be able to take your application into consideration if we receive it via regular mail or e-mail.
The Faculty will rank the scholarship candidates. The Maastricht University Scholarship Committee and SABIC Europe will make the final decision. Applicants will be informed about the selection outcome mid April.
For the scholarship assessment, the Scholarship Committee takes all elements of the application into account, including the level of previous study programmes, academic excellence, motivation, status of the home institution, the connection with the prior study programme, future career plans and the references.
Please check the terms and conditions of the University Fund Limburg scholarships before applying.
- University College Maastricht (UCM) Scholarships, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Maastricht University High Potential Scholarships, Netherlands
- Océ Scholarship for Master Students, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Ursula Glunk Scholarship, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
- Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Mass Communication and Information Science, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Service, Tourism & Leisure, Netherlands
- PhD in Social Sciene for Indonesian Student, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- School of Business and Economics (SBE) non-EU Scholarship, Maastricht University, Netherlands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.