Samsung Electronics announces the launching of the Global Scholarship Program at the Seoul National University (GSP-SNU Program) for receiving the Master of Sciences Degree. This program is oriented toward brilliant students majoring in computer science, engineering, physics, and mathematics.
The GSP-SNU Program is meant for students willing to receive the Master of Sciences Degree in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering. The education is conducted for 2 years at The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the Seoul National University.
The Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering has six departments:
- Information, Telecommunication, and Radio Science
- Control, Instrumentation, and Automation
- Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits
- Computer and Very Large Scale Integration Systems
- Electrophysics and Lasers
- Electric Energy Systems
Samsung Electronics covers all educational expenses including the tuition, admission, and registration fees for the student. Furthermore, the student receives a money allowance (approximately USD 1,000 per month). After completing the M.Sc. course and receiving the M.Sc. degree, the student is provided with a unique opportunity to work at Samsung Electronics in South Korea for 2 years. After finishing the two-year work, the applicant can extend the contract with Samsung Electronics under mutual agreement. By virtue of the GSP-SNU Program, Samsung Electronics is planning to develop successful candidates into its core members.
- Samsung Pays for Admission and Tuition
- Samsung Grants Money Allowance (USD 1,000 per month)
- Samsung Provides Dormitory for Living
- Samsung Annually Pays for Airfare (Moscow-Seoul, Seoul-Moscow [once a year])
- Samsung Internship is Available after Passing 75% of the Studies
- Samsung Offers a Position in South Korea after Graduation for 2 Years
- Samsung Offers a Position in Moscow after Work in Korea
In order to apply for the Samsung-Sponsored Scholarship Master of Science (MS) Program in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (GSP-SNU) 2011, applicants must send us their complete CV / resume (GSPCurriculumVitae.doc) in English by email MSc@samsung.ru (with the subject line: “MS-Program-2011″).
After successfully passing the preliminary CV / resume screen, the applicants will be invited to the Samsung Electronics Moscow and St. Petersburg Offices in February ~ March 2011. During the Career Forum, the applicants will learn more about Samsung Electronics, GSP-SNU (MSU Program), Korean Lifestyle, and Real Experiences from Graduates of Samsung-Sponsored Educational Programs. After that, the applicants will be invited to personal HR interviews with Samsung Electronics experts.
The complete application process and full list of application documents are described below.
1) CV / Resume in English
Applicants must submit their complete CVs / resumes in English with the description of their personal data (such as the name, date of birth, place of residence, marital status, contact points), educational background (such as the name of the university, faculty, department, period of studies, GPA), professional experience, and list of awards (if applicable). The CV / resume file should come named as as the applicant’s Name_Surname.doc.
2) Academic Degree (in year 2011 [higher priority] or 2010)
Applicants must have a bachelor degree (such as BS) or a higher degree (such as Specialist, MS, or PHD) from a recognized institution. Applicants must send us the scanned copies of their diploma(s) together with the lists of marks. These documents can be submitted either in Russian or in English (otherwise, translated copies are needed). The files should come named as follows:
If the applicant is graduating from his / her university in year 2010 and has no diploma at the moment, he or she can also apply for the MS Program before graduation. In this case, the applicant must receive an Academic Reference from the university and Grade Extract from the Examination Book. After receiving his / her diploma in year 2011, the applicant will have to submit it to us.
3) Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from current or recent supervisors who can attest to the applicant’s scientific abilities and academic potential. The letters should come as two scanned files named as Name_Surname_Recommendation_01.jpg and Name_Surname_Recommendation_02.jpg.
4) Electronic Photo of You
Applicants must also send us their electronic photo. The file should be namded as Name_Surname_Photo.jpg.
Please, send the application to e-mail MSc@samsung.ru with “MSc-Program-2011″ note in the subject field of your e-mail.
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR FALL 2011
Application deadline is February, 2011.
For more information, please, call us at the phone number: +7 (495) 797 24 00
+7 (495) 797 42 00
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Seoul National University of Science & Technology (SeoulTech), Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kangwon National University, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Seoul, Korea
- MBA Scholarships, Graduate School of Business Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships - Korea University
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Seoul National University, Korea
- PhD Studentships in the Biomolecular Electronics Research Laboratory, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kyung Hee University, Korea
- Global Korea Scholarship for International Students
- KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hallym University, Korea
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.