The Sato International Scholarship Foundation grants two types of scholarship for self-supporting students from ASEAN countries as well as Southwest Asian countries enrolled in a Japanese undergraduate or graduate institution:
1. Scholarship for Self-Supporting Students
2. Scholarship for Short-Term Exchange Students.
Students from the Following Countries are Eligible to Apply
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, East Timor, Vietnam.
Scholarship for Self-Supporting Students
The applicant must be residing in Japan, enrolled in or accepted to a legitimate program. Please apply through the students’ office of your university.
Amount of Scholarship
Undergraduate students: 120,000 yen/month
Graduate students: 180,000 yen/month (plus additional support to cover cost for attending conferences)
Duration of Scholarship: 2 years
Number of Scholarships Granted
Around 25 students will be accepted.
The applicant must be a citizen from the aforesaid countries, who does not hold Japanese citizenship and must be enrolled in a Japanese undergraduate or graduate institution, under the jurisdiction of the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology.
Visit official website.
- Sato International Scholarship Foundation, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Inpex Scholarship Foundation for Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Japan
- Master Scholarships by The OKAZAKI KAHEITA International Scholarship Foundation, Japan
- Japanese Urological Association (JUA) International Foundation Scholarship for Young Asian Urologists
- Hakuho Japanese Language Research Fellowship, Japan
- The Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship “Dream Come True Project” 2010
- Hitachi Research Fellowship, Hitachi Scholarship Foundation, Japan
- Travel Grant for Starting Scholars from Overseas, Japan Sociological Society
- Master & PhD Scholarships, Hitachi Scholarship Foundation, Japan
- Monbukagakusho Scholarships, Student Research Program, Japan
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.