Sato International Scholarship Foundation, for October 2011/April 2012 scholar
- Self-supporting international students from countries specified by the foundation (see below for the list of specified countries), who are/ will be enrolled in the regular course. (With a “College Student” visa)
- With enough Japanese language ability for study/research.
- Enrollment period of the course currently enrolled in should be more than one year from October 2011 (However, this does not apply for those enrolled in the doctoral course).
- Parents should not be working in Japan.
- Not holding a doctorate degree.
- Interested in international understanding and friendship and able to participate in the foundation’s exchange activities.
- Not receiving any other scholarships.
However, students who are receiving a scholarship this academic year, but will not receive any after April 2012 are eligible to apply for April 2012 scholar.
Countries specified by the foundation:
Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, East Timor, Vietnam
Scholarship amount per month:
- 120,000 Yen (undergraduate students)
- 180,000 Yen (graduate students) - A grant for participating in academic conference will also be provided.
All eligible applicants will be recommended from the university.
Scholarship grant period:
- October 2011 scholar: October 2011 ~ September 2013 (two years)
- April 2012 scholar: April 2012 ~ March 2014 (two years)
Deadline for application: Submit all necessary documents to International Student Section by August 19, 2011 (Fri).
However, the first-year students who will be enrolled from October 2011 can apply until September 2, 2011 (Fri).
Applicants are expected to abide by the deadline and submit application on time.
Documents to be submitted:
- Application form (Form 1 written in Japanese in one’s own handwriting)
- Resume (Form 2 written in Japanese in one’s own handwriting)
- Recommendation Letter (Form 3 should be sealed by the supervising professor)
- Evaluation form (Form 4 should be sealed by the supervising professor)
- Essay (Form 5 written in Japanese in one’s own handwriting)
- Enrollment Certificate/Notification of Passing
- Academic Record Certificate from the first year of undergraduate course to the course currently enrolled- Certificates from home countries should be submitted along with Japanese/English translation.
- Research Plan (One page in the A4 sized paper, in Japanese)
- Abstract of Research (One page in the A4 sized paper, in Japanese)
- Research achievement (One page in the A4 sized paper, in Japanese)
Application forms can be downloaded from the following foundation’s website: http://www.sisf.or.jp/ (in Japanese only)
Students who had not registered are also eligible to apply.
All students are expected to check the information displayed on the OICE homepage and notice boards.
- Sato International Scholarship Foundation (SISF), Japan
- Inpex Scholarship Foundation for Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Japan
- Tokyo Institute of Technology Student Exchange Program, Japan
- Travel Grant for Starting Scholars from Overseas, Japan Sociological Society
- Japan Educational Seminar in Indonesia
- Ajinomoto Scholarship for ASEAN International Students, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science (GPSS) Scholarships, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Japanese Urological Association (JUA) International Foundation Scholarship for Young Asian Urologists
- Hakuho Japanese Language Research Fellowship, Japan
- Short Term Exchange Program (STEP) - Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (TUAT)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.