The organizers of the International Congress of Human Genetics are providing scholarship awards for individuals living in countries categorized by the World Bank as having low-income or lower-middle-income economies. The ICHG Scientific Program Committee will review and score the applications. Scholarship awards are to help defray the costs of airfare, hotel, meals and registration. Award amounts will vary depending on country of residence. The deadline for applying is June 24, 2011.
- The individual applying for a scholarship award must be from a country that is categorized by the World Bank as having a low-income or lower-middle-income economy.
- The individual must have limited funds for attending the Congress. Applications from junior investigators, clinicians, and educators (e.g., graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, residents) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The individual applying must submit an abstract for the Congress by the June 2 deadline. Please attach a copy of your abstract confirmation receipt.
- The individual applying must submit with this application a CV or bio-sketch.
- The individual applying must submit with this application a letter of support from a mentor or senior colleague. The mentor does not necessarily have to be from the applicant’s country of origin but will usually be from the applicant’s home institution or training institution.
- The individual applying must register to attend the Congress and submit with their application a copy of the registration receipt.
- Notification of awards will be made in August 2011. Scholarship funding will be provided in the form of reimbursement, if selected.
If you would like to be considered for one of these scholarship awards, please check the appropriate box on the abstract submission form and submit the application by June 24, 2011. Please note it is anticipated that many more applications will be received than can be funded.
To achieve as high a rank as possible, please complete all questions on the application.
For more information, please visit official website: www.ichg2011.org.
- PhD Studentship in Human Evolutionary Genetics, University of Cambridge, UK
- Rothamsted International Fellowships for Scientists from Developing and Emerging Countries, UK
- Vera R Campbell Foundation Fellowship for Women, School for Advanced Research, USA
- The Japan College of Rheumatology (JCR) International Scholarships 2011
- Scholarship for Physicians in Developing Countries, AAHPM USA
- The Indonesian-German Scientists Exchange Program
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- Vavilov-Frankel Research Fellowships, Bioversity International
- Postdoctoral Position in Molecular Genetics, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- International Guest Scholarships, American College of Surgeons, USA