Scholarship Application for Physicians in Developing Countries
to attend the
AAHPM and HPNA Annual Assembly
Denver, Colorado, USA ? March 7-10, 2012
The Developing Countries Scholarship Fund was established to provide access to quality education for physicians who reside in developing countries to attend the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) and HPNA Annual Assembly in Vancouver. This scholarship program will provide financial support (up to $5,000) to physicians to learn the latest clinical information and research updates in hospice and palliative care from leading experts in the field.
This scholarship program is intended to facilitate Annual Assembly participation and cover ordinary costs associated with meeting registration, travel-related expenses (air fare, cab fare, meals), and lodging.
Scholarships are available to physicians who reside in a developing country (as defined by the World Health Organization) and care for seriously ill patients. Preference will be given to applicants who are
- members of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine AAHPM (free virtual membership is available to physicians who reside in a nation on the HINARI list of eligible countries)
- have not previously attended the Annual Assembly
- are junior in their career, and
- whose organizations are considered least able to afford this opportunity.
Deadline for applications: November 1, 2011
Notification of awards: Early January 2012
Submit the completed application form along with your uploaded curriculum vitae (limit of 2 pages), and a letter of recommendation or support by November 1, 2011.
For more information, please visit official website: www.surveygizmo.com.
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- INSEAD Ian Potter ’93D and Family Endowed Asia Scholarship, Singapore
- MSc in Internal Medicine Scholarships, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, UK
- Vera R Campbell Foundation Fellowship for Women, School for Advanced Research, USA
- Commonwealth Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
- Anne van den Ban Scholarship Fund, Masters Scholarships for Students from Developing Country, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- Endeavour Executive Fellowship, Australia
- Master Scholarships, Asian Development Bank, University of Sydney, Australia
- Rothamsted International Fellowships for Scientists from Developing and Emerging Countries, UK
- Educational Grants Women Scholarships from Developing Countries, Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund, USA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.