Every year, university staff visit overseas to meet and advise students who may be interested in studying at Southampton. International Office staff can provide you with information, advice and assistance from the moment you start considering whether to study in the UK, right through to making your application and registering at the University.
If the IELTS (or equivalent) is below 5.5 (or equivalent), the application will not be considered, although you may reapply when you have obtained a score nearer or above our minimum score of 6.5 (or equivalent).
If the IELTS (or equivalent) is 5.5 or above (or equivalent), but below 6.5 (or equivalent), the application will be processed in the usual way but any offer will be made conditional upon attending and being successful in an intensive language course of appropriate duration in the University’s Language Centre, and on subsequently getting 6.5 (or equivalent) or above in IELTS (or equivalent).
If the IELTS (or equivalent) is 6.5 (or equivalent) or above then no language competency condition will be attached to your offer.
The above criteria are applied without prejudice to the rest of the selection process and they do not preclude us from attaching other conditions to your offer or from rejecting your application on other grounds. A record is kept of all applications in each of the three categories above so that we can monitor our equal opportunities policy in action.
The School of Education is a flourishing and stimulating centre of academic and research activity. Each year the School offers a three-year, full-time PhD scholarship to a suitably qualified candidate.
- For international / overseas students (OS), the award consists of a waiver of the annual OS student fee.
- For Home / EU students, the award consists of a waiver of the annual Home / EU fee plus an annual maintenance stipend, up to a total equivalent to the annual OS fee. (The annual maintenance stipend is currently just under £6000).
Applications are welcome form those whose research is related to one of the School’s existing strengths. The Scholarship is tenable from October each year and is renewed on an annual basis subject to satisfactory progress.
The closing date for applications is the end of April.
Application forms can be found by following the link below:
For a copy of the University’s Guide to International Students please click here (pdf).
- International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- Fashion Marketing Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- International Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- PhD Studentship in the Computational Investigation of Drug Resistant Mutations in the Kinases, University of Southampton, UK
- LLM International Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- European Master in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS) Scholarships, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- PhD Studentship, Injury Patterns in Elite Sport & Development of Osteoarthritis, University of Nottingham, UK
- Master Degree in Education, Academy for Educational Development, AED Indonesia, USA
- Undergraduate Scholarships, Claremont Teachers College Memorial Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Dr Thelma Bessell-Browne Undergraduate Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.