The School of Psychology is offering five scholarships of £1,000 to eligible students of any nationality registering on our taught MSc programmes by 1st October 2013. These are awarded on the basis of academic merit and commitment to further postgraduate study.
Value and availability
- The scholarships will be worth £1,000 (for one year of study) towards the costs of tuition fees
- Five awards are available for 2013 entry
- Scholarships are allocated to applicants who meet the general award criteria outlined below on a competitive basis, applications will be ranked by a selection panel.
To be eligible for a Scholarship all of the following criteria must be met:
- The student must have achieved an excellent result in their undergraduate degree. Requirements for various countries are shown below, qualifications from other countries will be considered on an individual basis. Minimum grade required for scholarship by country (assuming university has good academic reputation)
- China: Bachelor degree with 85%+ overall
- Canada: Bachelor degree with 80%+ or 3.5+ GPA out of 4.0
- India: First Division/Class Bachelor degree
- Nigeria: First Class Honours Bachelor degree or 4.5+ GPA
- Saudi Arabia: Bachelor degree with 3.0+ out of 4.0 or 3.6+ out of 5.0
- Taiwan: Degree with 80%+ overall
- Tanzania: First Class Honours degree
- Turkey: Degree with GPA 3.5+ out of 4.0
- United Kingdom: First Class Honours degree
- United States of America: GPA of 3.5+ out of 4.0
- The student must also have applied and accepted an unconditional offer on one of these courses on a full-time basis:
- The student must also demonstrate a commitment to PhD study at the University of Kent.
How to apply
Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline below. The subject line should state ‘50th Anniversary Masters Scholarships’.
Note that an offer of a place on a MSc programme does not constitute an offer of funding.
5pm GMT on Wednesday 31 July 2013
For more information, please visit official website: www.kent.ac.uk.
- International Undergraduate Scholarship, School of Psychology, University of Kent, UK
- MA Scholarships in Modern History, University of Kent, Paris
- School of Arts International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- Kent International Pathways Scholarships, University of Kent, UK
- International Scholarships for Taught Masters Students, University of Kent, UK
- MA Scholarships, University of Kent, Paris
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship in Mathematics, University of Kent, UK
- MSc Scholarships, Durrell Institute for Conservation and Ecology, University of Kent, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science, University of Kent, UK
- MA in Architecture and Cities Scholarship, Kent School of Architecture, University of Kent, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.