The SUPA Prize Studentships are prestigious and competitive awards intended to attract outstanding physics students from around the world, irrespective of nationality, to study for a PhD in Scotland.
Prize studentships will be awarded competitively and up to fifteen awards will be available this year for outstanding candidates. The studentships provide support for tuition fees, a stipend and a travel grant for a three-and-a-half-year period. SUPA is the funding body for the prize studentships.
You will be asked to state your first choice of SUPA university and preferred SUPA Theme. You must make contact with prospective supervisors and research groups before applying as you will be asked to provide an e-mail contact for your prospective supervisor.
The SUPA Themes are:
- Astronomy and Space Physics
- Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
- Particle Physics
- Physics and Life Sciences
- Nuclear and Plasma Physics
The SUPA universities are:
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Dundee
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- Heriot-Watt University
- University of St Andrews
- University of Strathclyde
- University of the West of Scotland
An excellent training will be provided by the SUPA Graduate School, giving candidates access to a wide range of courses across Scotland.
The SUPA Prize Studentship competition 2012/13 is open.
Applications should be made using the online application form. Instructions for completing the form are given in our Application Guide.
Applications MUST be submitted by 23:59 GMT on Thursday 31st January 2013.
References MUST be uploaded by 23:59 GMT on Friday 1st February 2013.
You will be informed of the result of your application in April, 2013.
For more information, please visit official website: apply.supa.ac.uk.
- PhD Studentships, Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, UK
- SICSA Prize Studentships, Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, UK
- PhD Studentship, ESRC / Scottish Government, Exploring the Social Objectives and Impacts of UK Fisheries Policy, UK
- Postgraduate Studentships in Research of Energy, Environment and Health, UK
- PhD Studentships in Behaviour, Choices and Markets, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Scottish Overseas Research Students Award Scheme (SORSAS), University of Edinburgh, UK
- SU2P Entrepreneurial Fellowships in Photonics, Stanford University, USA
- University Prize Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
- PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Scholarship, University of St Andrews, Scotland UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.