The SIA Youth Scholarship is tenable for 2 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate. Students who perform well in the GCE ‘A’ Level (or equivalent) Examination may apply for the undergraduate scholarship offered by the National University of Singapore or the Nanyang Technological University. Please click on the links above for more details on undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships.
The Scholarship is for 2 years of Pre-University studies in selected Singapore Junior Colleges and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of India
- Born between 1992 and 1994
- Completed Standard 10 in the Year 2010
- Possess outstanding academic track record ( at least an average of 85% with English as first language in the Standard 10 State/National examinations
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test/interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Test and Interview City
- Chennai #
# This Test/Interview center may be used if there are sufficient candidates. Applicants who choose Chennai as your preferred test/interview city are to indicate an alternative test/interview city from the remaining 3 cities.
Terms and Conditions
- Allowance of S$2,400 per annum with hostel accommodation
- Hostel accommodation provided
- Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
- Economy class air passage to Singapore and back to home country upon completion of course
- Waiver of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Waiver of GCE ‘A’ Level examination fees (once only)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
- There is no bond attached to the scholarship
There are 2 modes of application — online or hardcopy application. Each applicant should submit only ONE application. Please do not submit a hardcopy application if you have chosen to apply online and vice versa.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. For online scholarship applications, please use the online application system.
Alternatively, applicants may also print out a copy of the application form (192kb .pdf).
All applicants are required to send certified copies of the following items directly to the Singapore Ministry of Education before the closing date, 15 July 2010:
- Birth Certificate;
- Identity Card / Passport (if any); and
- Final Year Examination Result Slips for the last two years
SIA Youth Scholarships / < Online application number — for online applicants>
c/o School Placement & Scholarships Branch
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive,
Level 3 Podium Block
Original documents that are not in English must be translated; the translations must be accompanied by a photocopy of the original documents. Please do not send any original documents.
All online applicants must indicate their online application number on all supporting documents.
Visit official website.
- A*STAR India Youth Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- International Youth Exchange - Jogjakarta Indonesia
- Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program, Indonesia - USA
- Commonwealth Scholarships Program 2010, Australia
- Beasiswa / Program Pertukaran Pemuda Antar Negara - Provinsi Jawa Tengah
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.