The SMA Graduate Fellowship is established by the Singapore Ministry of Education in January 2009 to attract the best and most talented Ph.D. students from Singapore, the region and beyond, and educate them to be future leaders in the areas of science and technology. The selection of candidates will take place twice a year, in time for the start of the semesters in August and January.
The Scholarships are open to students of all nationalities who gain admission to any Ph.D. programme at the University whose research interest fits within one or more of the projects currently being carried out in one of the SMART Interdisciplinary Research Groups (IRGs).
- A monthly stipend of S$3,200;
- Tuition fees at NUS; and
- Scholarship allowance of up to $12,000 to help cover the expenses associated with a six-month research residency at MIT.
The award is tenable for 1 year in the first instance; but subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress, it may be renewed annually. The maximum period of award is four years.
No bond is required.
- Applicants will have to submit their application for the Fellowship cum Ph.D. candidature online.
- Short-listed candidates may be invited to a face-to-face interview either in Singapore or their home country, or may go through a phone interview.
- There is an Information Session on 28 March 2011, 12 noon, Lecture Theatre 1, Faculty of Engineering. All are welcome!
- Application period for January 2012 Intake: 17 May 2011 to 17 July 2011
Notification of Award
Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications after 18 Oct 2011.
Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants will be required to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Fellowship. A copy of the current terms and conditions can be accessed here.
Change in Policy
The above information is subject to change at any time.
For more information, please visit official website: www.nus.edu.sg.
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (SUPA) Prize Studentships, Scotland UK
- Journalism Fellowship, Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA), Thailand
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- 2010 Scholarships for Graduate Students, Smart Structures Lab, Chonbuk National University, South Korea
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.
How join us?
how to join?
How to join ?
How to join ? Please..
how to join ?
how to get it ? Is still apply ?
How to join ?