The Singapore Ministry of Education has established a four-year fellowship scheme for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre).
The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and most talented doctoral students from Singapore, the region, and beyond and educate them to be future leaders in science and technology for Singapore and beyond. The Fellowship will provide them with the opportunity to be involved in the strategic research programmes at the SMART Centre and provide them with the opportunity to be co-advised by an MIT faculty member. The student may spend up to six months doing research at MIT.
The SMA3 Graduate Fellowship at SMART provides:
- up to four years of full tuition fees at the student’s home university;
- a monthly stipend of S$3,200;
- a scholarly allowance of up to S$12,000 to help cover the expenses associated with a six month research residency at MIT;
- and co-supervision by an MIT and NTU/NUS faculty.
There is no bond associated with this fellowship.
Eligibility: A student must:
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with first class or second-upper (or equivalent);
- be an incoming new PhD student not currently matriculated;
- have a research interest that fits within one or more of the projects currently being carried out in SMART Interdisciplinary Research Group (IRG)s. To find out more information on the projects within the IRGs, click on the links below:
The application period for the August 2014 Intake: October 21, 2013 - December 16, 2013
For more information, please visit official website: smart.mit.edu.
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
- Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship at SMART
- ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia by Ministry of Education, Singapore
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- A*STAR India Youth Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Singapore
- Singapore International Airlines (SIA) Youth Scholarship
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.