SU2P Entrepreneurial Fellowships 2011
Awards for Entrepreneurial Fellowships in photonics at Stanford University, USA
Applications are invited from outstanding individuals for the SU2P Entrepreneurial Fellowships 2011. SU2P is a collaboration between the Scottish Universities (Glasgow, Heriot Watt, St. Andrews and Strathclyde) and Stanford and Caltech in California.
The Fellowships are to enable exceptionally talented early career researchers to spend one year at Stanford University or one of its affiliated laboratories. The aim of the Fellowships is to allow successful applicants to develop and grow their entrepreneurial skills under mentoring provided by Stanford Photonics Research Centre (SPRC). A range of priority research themes has been identified including, but not limited to:
- Stem cell imaging
- Solar cell devices and technology
- Lasers and nonlinear optics
- Integrated photonics
- Photonic sensors.
The closing date for 2011 applications is 11th March 2011.
Applicants are advised to contact one of the Scottish university partners listed below, in the first instance, to discuss potential projects. Applicants should NOT contact Stanford University directly. Details of the research themes of the working groups of SPRC can be found at http://photonics.stanford.edu/research.
- Download the SU2P Entrepreneurial Fellowship Guidlines.
- Download the SU2P Entrepreneurial Fellowship Application form.
- Download the SU2P Entrepreneurial Fellowship Referee’s report form.
- Meet the 2009-2010 Entrepreneurial Fellows
University of Glasgow: Dr Giles Hammond
Institute for Gravitational Research
Dept Physics and Astronomy
University of Glasgow
Tel: 44 (0)141 330 2258
e-mail: g.hammond at physics.gla.ac.uk
Heriot-Watt University: Prof. Kenneth G McKendrick
School of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Edinburgh EH14 4AS
Tel: 44 (0) 131 451 3109
e-mail: k.g.mckendrick at hw.ac.uk
University of St Andrews: Prof. Wilson Sibbett
School of Physics & Astronomy
University of St Andrews
St Andrews KY16 9SS
University of St. Andrews
Tel: 44 (0) 1334 46 3100
e-mail: ws at st-and.ac.uk
University of Strathclyde: Prof. Martin Dawson
Associate Director, Institute of Photonics
University of Strathclyde
Glasgow G4 0NW
Tel: 44 (0) 141 553 4120
e-mail: m.dawson at strath.ac.uk
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Asia Health Policy, Stanford University, USA
- Shorenstein Fellowships in Contemporary Asia, Stanford University, USA
- Erasmus Mundus 2010 MSc Scholarships in Photonics, Europe
- Ancora Foundation Graduate Fellowship, Stanford University, USA
- Stanford Constitutional Law Center’s Academic Fellowship, Stanford University, USA
- Knight Fellowships for International Professional Journalists, Stanford University, USA
- Postdoctoral Fellowships, Max Planck Center for Visual Computing and Communication, Germany
- Monica Miller Walsh Undergraduate Summer Internship Grants, Stanford University, USA
- PhD Scholarships in Ultrafast Lasers and Photonics, Nonlinear Optics and Biophotonics, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Master Scholarships in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Sheffield, UK