Summer School Courses 2010
Apply now for a Summerschool Scholarship and spend your summer studying in the Netherlands!
The Indonesian Young Leaders programme is a continuation of the intensive cooperation between the Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs and Leiden University, which started in 1985 with INIS, Indonesian-Netherlands Cooperation in Islamic Studies. The Indonesian Young Leaders Programme is similar to the INIS programme as it also offers training and research in Leiden and at other Dutch Universities.
The Indonesian Young Leaders Programme is a scholarship programme – from 2006 until 2011 - which strives to enhance Indonesia`s future leadership by upgrading –present and future - human resources of institutions of higher Islamic education. The programme consist of two strongly linked and mutually reinforcing instruments: 1) International Conferences and 2) Education and training (Upgrading courses, MA and PhD).
The scholarship will include:
- a return ticket Jakarta - Amsterdam
- a monthly allowance
- costs for accommodation during the summerschool course
- a third-party liability and medical insurance
You can apply for a scholarship for a period upto 6 months! For example, you can first take a Summerschool Course and continue your stay with doing library research on a topic of your interest.
Summerschool courses are available at most Dutch universities and offer a wide range of possibilities, like:
- International Human Rights Academy
- European Politics and Economics
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills
- Introduction to Educational Measurement
- Land Governance for Development
and many more! Check out the website of the Summer School Utrecht
To be eligible for the Indonesian Young Leaders programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- be an Indonesian national
- have a S1 degree from either a state sponsored or non-state sponsored Islamic Indonesian University
- have a high level of English proficiency (TOEFL 550)
- be in good health
- not be above the age of 40 years (men) or 45 years (women) on the application deadline
To apply, please submit the following documents as soon as possible and not later than 1 May 2010:
- application form (available here)
- Motivation Statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Proposal for either your proposed Summerschool course and a research proposal for the library research that you intend to do
Please indicate the preferred period of stay as well!
You can send these documents, preferrably by email, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and, if using mail:
Training Indonesia`s Young Leaders Programme
P.O. Box 9515
2300 RA Leiden
- Studying Law in Leiden University Law School Information Session, Nuffic Neso Indonesia
- StuNed Short Courses Scholarships for Indonesian, Netherlands
- Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
- Freeman Indonesia Nonprofit Internship Program, Institute of International Education, USA
- Study in The Netherlands, StuNed Scholarships for Students from Indonesia
- Bachelor & Master, Utrecht Excellence Scholarships, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- PhD Positions, Leiden Observatory, Leiden University, Netherlands
- UGM Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (SYLFF) Scholarship, Indonesia
- Master Scholarships in Fine and Applied Arts, Netherlands
- Center for Religious and Cross Cultural Studies, Graduate School Of Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.