The Government of India scholarships are provided by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) through its General Scholarships Scheme (GSS) for the year 2014-15.
The scholarships are offered to meritorious Indonesian students to undertake higher studies in India under undergraduate (S1), post-graduate (S2) and Ph.D. (S3). Students can opt for any course in the fields of arts, performing arts, architecture, literature, commerce and science; degree courses in engineering and agriculture; and doctoral and post-doctoral courses in various disciplines. Government of India will provide living allowance, contingent grant, accommodation charges, tuition fee and other benefits, including expenses on medical treatment and study tour to the students selected for the scholarship. However, the cost of air passage to India and back for all students and expenses on laboratory chemicals and related incidentals for science stream students would have to be borne by them or by their sponsors. Scholarships are not provided for medicine (MBBS), dentistry (BDS), nursing & other courses related to medicine.
Applications for the 2014-15 academic year are now being accepted in the Embassy of India in Jakarta. Last date for acceptance of applications is 7th February 2014.
Mandatory requirements for GSS Scholarships application:
- A record of high-level academic achievement (with GPA of at least 2.75) in the last qualifying examination at the School or the University
- Syllabus of the last qualifying examination (Marksheet / academic transcript)
- Certified/sworn copies of all documents with English translations
- To pass an English Proficiency Test to be conducted by the Embassy
- For Students applying for doctoral/post-doctoral courses or architecture: Synopsis of the proposed area of research
- Certificate of Physical Fitness, as prescribed in Appendix-2 of the Application Form
- Medical certificate attesting that the candidate is free from AIDS
- Curriculum Vitae in English (HP and e-mail required)
- Certificate in English-language course/TOEFL score minimum 500
- Recommendation letter from former School/University/Office
WHO CAN APPLY?
To be eligible to apply for ICCR scholarship, you must:
- be an Indonesian national;
- be usually and currently resident in Indonesia;
- not have permanent resident status for any other country;
- be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencement of scholarship in India;
- not currently hold a scholarship from ICCR under GSS;
- not availed of a scholarship from ICCR under GSS;
- priority will be given to candidates who have not had scholarships and have not been awarded scholarship previously to study in India;
- be applying to commence a new course of study at a level higher than your current qualification;
- be able to take up the scholarship in the year in which it is offered (2014); and
- for civil servants, be endorsed by your sponsoring organization, i.e. Ministry, Department, statutory authority, agency.
- all applicants must have very good English language skills;
- to verify the English language competency, an English Proficiency Test will be conducted at the Embassy of India in Jakarta on February 17, 2014;
- only those candidates whose Application Forms and Documents have been found to be in order will be eligible for appearing in the English Proficiency Test;
- all applicants for M.Phil, Doctorate (Ph.D), Post-doctorate Research, Casual Research or Architecture would need to submit a synopsis of the proposed area of research;
- applicants for post-graduate study must already hold a recognized under-graduate degree (S1) with good academic record;
- applicants for doctorate (Ph.D) must already hold a recognized Master’s degree (S2) with good academic record;
- applicants for studying performing arts would need to submit video/audio cassettes of their recorded performances.
In addition, all applicants must:
- be committed to return to Indonesia upon finishing their course of study
The closing date for applications is Friday, 7th February 2014
Applications should be submitted to the Education Wing, Embassy of India,
Jalan H.R. Rasuna Said, Kav. S.1, Kuningnan, Jakarta Selatan 12950
Tel: (62-21) 520 4150/52/57/526 4931 & 521 3775
Fax: (62-21) 520 4160 & 526 5622
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit official website: www.indianembassyjakarta.com.
- PhD Scholarships, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, India
- Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships
- Study in The Netherlands, StuNed Scholarships for Students from Indonesia
- India Scholarships | Beasiswa India
- Fair and Lovely Scholarship for Women, India
- Summer School Utrecht Scholarship, Indonesian Young Leaders, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Swiss Government Postgraduate Scholarships for Indonesia
- Master and PhD Full Scholarships by French Government for Indonesian Citizens
- Fulbright Senior Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
- Master and Doctorate Scholarship in Various Program, BGF Scholarship, France
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.