The Juilliard School is committed to educating talented performing artists and helping them achieve their highest potential. To that end, we wish to enable all admitted students to attend the school, regardless of their ability to pay. Juilliard’s admissions policies are need-blind, meaning that applying for financial aid will not hurt your chances of being admitted. In fact, almost 80 percent of our admitted students receive scholarship support through Juilliard.
How to apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
For incoming applicants. Juilliard college division students who are continuing in their program of study should click here for instructions specific to them. Juilliard college students applying to a new program should visit our department page for additional information.
All applicants to the Juilliard School who wish to apply for financial aid or scholarships must complete all Financial Aid Application requirements by March 1, 2014. To apply, all of the following documents must be completed.
- The Juilliard Financial Aid Application
- Available beginning February 1, 2014 through the Admissions application site.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Available on January 1, 2014. Required only for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- Student or Parent Tax Return (1040 form) or International Salary Documentation
- For 2013,or most recent tax year available. Send signed copies of the first two pages only.
- Should be e-mailed, mailed, or faxed to our office.
Click here for detailed instructions about for applying for aid for incoming applicants.
Please note that, because our scholarship decisions are based on a combination of financial need and merit, all documents must be received before the Scholarship Committee can review your application. The Juilliard School does not offer scholarships based solely on merit.
Award letters will be mailed and e-mailed by April 1, 2014. These may include a combination of scholarships/grants, loans, and/or on-campus employment. Funding for these awards may come from federal, state, institutional, or private sources.
The Juilliard School does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, political beliefs, national origin, or disability. For more information about our financial aid and scholarship programs, please download our brochure Funding Your Juilliard Education: A Guide to Financial Aid.
Finally, we encourage both applicants and continuing students to review the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about our programs. In addition, you can contact our office at any time with questions or concerns. We’re here to help!
- International Excellence Scholarships, Faculty of Engineering, University of Leeds, UK
- Studying Law in Leiden University Law School Information Session, Nuffic Neso Indonesia
- MBA Scholarships, Nottingham University Business School, UK
- International Postgraduate Scholarships, Bournemouth University, UK
- King’s Summer School Scholarships, King’s College London, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Informatics, Vienna PhD School of Informatics, Austria
- Master Scholarships for International Students, School of Psychology, University of Sussex, UK
- PhD Scholarships in Interdisciplinary Research, Ruhr-University Research School, Germany
- LLM International Scholarships, University of Southampton, UK
- PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.