Eddie Robinson took the MA (as it then was) in Operational Research in 1971-72. After leaving Lancaster he has had a successful career in the United States with Mars Inc. He has generously sponsored a scholarship for an MSc student from a developing country, as defined in the World Development Report published by the World Bank. Eddie comments “I benefited personally from the presence of overseas students on the course, as I know they did from the experiences they gained.” For 2012 entry this scholarship will be £5,000.
Applicants for this scholarship, who must have received an offer for a place on the MSc in Operational Research and Management Science, may use the generic financial award application form, found at http://www.lancs.ac.uk/studentservices/download/forms/.
Completed application forms should be sent directly to Graham Rand, the MSc Admissions Tutor, by the 1st of May. It is not necessary to arrange for further references, as Graham will have seen those accompanying your application form. (Applicants may also apply for the Peel scholarship).
As the scholarship will not cover all the costs of a course here at Lancaster, applicants should explain carefully their financial circumstances. This explanation should cover two aspects. Firstly, why is it that you need funding? Secondly, how will you finance the rest of the cost of your stay in Lancaster?
The successful candidate will be informed by 1st June, and will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 by 1st July.
Graham K. Rand
Department of Management Science
Lancaster University Management School
Lancaster LA1 4YX
- Master Research Scholarships in Nuclear Engineering and Shipping, Lancaster University, UK
- MBA Scholarships, Lancaster University, UK
- Master Scholarships in Economics, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Spain
- PhD Studentships in Molecular Dynamics and/or Monte-Carlo Simulations of an Ion-channel, University of Warwick, UK
- Scholarship for Physicians in Developing Countries, AAHPM USA
- INSEAD Ian Potter ’93D and Family Endowed Asia Scholarship, Singapore
- Commonwealth Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
- Vera R Campbell Foundation Fellowship for Women, School for Advanced Research, USA
- Anne van den Ban Scholarship Fund, Masters Scholarships for Students from Developing Country, Wageningen University, Netherlands
- MSc/PhD Studentship in Medical Statistics, University of Liverpool, UK
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.