Amount of Scholarship
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 8.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are 2-year programmes. A scholarship for the second master year is only awarded to students having had outstanding results the first master year.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
- the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
- the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
- the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
- the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
- the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
Deadline for admission for the academic year 2010-2011 are the admission deadlines of the International Office. This also links you to the application procedure of the International Office.
Selection Procedure (for 2010-2011)
- The applicants fill out the application form of the International Office to apply for admission to the K.U.Leuven.
- The applicants note in the application form that they want to apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Next to the information required by the International Office, the applicants also upload the following information: results of their former studies, a letter of motivation and two references of professors.
- The selected students will be notified by the end of June.
For more information, please visit the official announcement.
- Doctoral Scholarships in Humanities and Social Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- PhD Scholarship in Business and Economics, KU Leuven, Belgium
- PhD Positions in Operations Research and Business Statistics, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- PhD Research Assistant, Faculty of Business and Economics, KU Leuven, Belgium
- Master Scholarships in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Postdoctoral Position in Precision Livestock Farming, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Master of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology by Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- VLIR-UOS 2010 Scholarship for Master of Food Technology, Belgium
- Research Assistant Position, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Research Assistant in Blended Learning, Hasselt University, Belgium