The Singapore Ministry of Education has established 100 four-year fellowships for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre).
The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and most talented doctoral students from Singapore, the region, and beyond and educate them to be future leaders in science and technology for Singapore and beyond. The Fellowship will provide them with the opportunity to be involved in the strategic research programmes at the SMART Centre and provide them with the opportunity to be co-advised by an MIT faculty member. The student may spend up to six months doing research at MIT.
The SMA Graduate Fellowship at SMART provides:
- up to four years of full tuition fees at the student`s home university;
- a monthly stipend of S$3,200;
- a scholarly allowance of up to S$12,000 to help cover the expenses associated with a six month research residency at MIT;
- and co-supervision by an MIT and NTU/NUS faculty.
There is no bond associated with this fellowship.
In order to be eligible for an SMA Graduate Fellowship, a student must:
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with first class or second-upper (or equivalent);
- be an incoming new PhD student not currently matriculated;
- have a research interest that fits within one or more of the projects currently being carried out in SMART Interdisciplinary
Research Group (IRG)s. To find out more information on the projects within the IRGs, click on the links below:
- BioSystems and Micromechanics (BioSyM)
- Center for Environmental Sensing and Modeling (CENSAM)
- Future Urban Mobility (FM)
- Infectious Diseases (ID)
Application period: May 17 - July 17, 2010
Official website: http://web.mit.edu/smart/graduate/index.html
- Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
- PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- SMA3 Graduate Fellowship by Singapore Ministry of Education
- Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship at SMART
- Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
- Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
- MSc in Strategic Studies, International Relations at Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
- Undergraduate & Master Scholarships, Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA)
- ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.