To apply for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence you should:
- Download the Scholarship Application Form
- State in the application form that you graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) in a relevant (under)graduate program, by providing your calculated GPA and/or proof that you belong to the top 10% of your class
- Send the Scholarship Application Form together with your application for the Master’s program before the Scholarship deadline of 1 April 2014.
*Please note that students starting their program in February 2015 are also eligible for the Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence, but do need to meet the deadline of 1 April 2014.
The Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence includes:
- A scholarship of € 5000 for living expenses;
- A partial tuition waiver of up to € 10,000 which means students will only pay a tuition fee of € 2,500
For the academic year 2014-2015 Tilburg University has approximately 38 scholarships available for excellent international students who are admitted to a Master’s program at Tilburg University (MA, MSc or LLM).
Tilburg University Scholarships for Academic Excellence are awarded for one academic year. Candidates applying for one of the Research Master programs will have to apply for the scholarship again for their second year of their Research Master program*.
On the basis of the following selection criteria, the selection committee of each school will select the recipients of the Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence:
- The academic results in the relevant (under)graduate program
- The quality and content of the Scholarship Application Form
- The language test score
Tilburg University strives for a balanced participation in terms of nationality.
To qualify for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence, you must fulfill the following admission requirements, in addition to the regular requirements for admission to a Master’s program:
- Candidates must have been (unconditionally) admitted to one of the graduate programs at Tilburg University for the academic year 2014-2015*
- Candidates must have achieved excellent study results in their relevant (under) graduate program. As an indication, the student must have graduated with an average result of at least 8 (out of 10) or must be among the top 10% of their class
- Candidates must hold a non-EU/EEA passport
- Candidates should fill in the Scholarship Application Form
- Candidates must be newly enrolled at Tilburg University
What happens next?
All Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence applicants will be informed about the outcome of the Scholarship Selection Committee of their School by May 2014. Students who are granted a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
Please note that the Scholarship Selection Committees usually receives more applications than it has grants, which means they can only select a minority of excellent applicants who will receive financial support. Strong candidates who do not make it to the first group of Scholarship candidates, will be put on a list of standby candidates. The School will notify these students as soon as possible - but not later than 1 August 2014 - in case a scholarship candidate withdraws his application.
* CentER candidates are not eligible for a Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
- PhD Position, Department of Econometrics and Operations Research, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- PhD Studentship in Natural Logic and Linguistic Semantics, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- PhD in Computational Logic and Natural Reasoning, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- International Master in Service Engineering (IMSE), Erasmus Mundus, Europe
- Complete List of Dutch Institutions Offering PhD Studies
- Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
- VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP), VU University Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarships, International Master in Management of IT (IMMIT), Europe
- Bachelor & Master, Utrecht Excellence Scholarships, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships in Law, Netherlands
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.