Whether you are a potential undergraduate student, graduate student, international student, transfer student or just beginning your search for a college/university, Asia University thanks you for your interest and invites you to explore all of the provided opportunities available for you. Each year, Asia University looks for motivated students and strives to provide a strong educational environment on all levels. We want you to know the following remarkable achievements in the recent years.
Applicants must submit a complete set of application package consisting of the following items to the Center for International Academic Exchange by the deadline of admission application.
- Two application forms attached with a 2-inch recent ID photo
- One copy of the highest-level diploma and official transcript in English or Chinese from the school you attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Study plan
- One copy of passport
- One copy of the original financial statement issued by a bank within six months
- English or Chinese proficiency certificate
Note that the highest-level diploma and transcript issued by an international education institution must be authenticated by an ROC embassy, consulate, representative office or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Taiwan, ROC., (hereinafter referred to as “a Taiwan’s overseas representative office”) or presented by the applicant’s former school, which is to be directly mailed to Asia University in a sealed envelope. Graduating students are not required to hand in the diplomas during the application. However, once admitted, diploma and academic transcript of the highest academic degree and authenticated photocopy must be submitted at the time of registration, or admission will be cancelled.
Asia University offers degree programs conducted in either English or Chinese. Applicants who select Chinese-taught programs must submit Chinese proficiency certificate; whereas English proficiency certificate must be provided if applicants select English-taught programs. Language proficiency is mandatory to demonstrate adequate listening, reading, speaking, and writing abilities at a certain level for university academic pursuit. A minimum score of paper-based TOEFL 500, computer-based TOEFL 173, internet-based TOEFL 61, TOEIC 600, IELTS level 5 or equivalent is required. Applicants shall take official ETS TOEFL test and authorize ETS to release his/her TOEFL scores to Asia University directly by completing and submitting the official score report request form to ETS, and the institution code is 2362. An exemption for English proficiency certificate may be granted if applicants have earned a diploma or degree in an English-speaking country.
For those who select Chinese-taught programs, new TOCFL Level 3, old TOCFL Learner Level, CEFR B2, new HSK Level 4, old HSK Level 6, or equivalent is the minimum level in Chinese proficiency. For Vietnamese applicants who choose Chinese-taught programs, the Taipei Economic and Cultural Offices (TECO) in both Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have announced new regulations starting from July 1st of 2012 that only TOCFL test results are accepted for visa application. Malaysian applicants who intend to apply for undergraduate programs must submit Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) and/or Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) with at least a C-grade in Chinese Language Subject.
Students are encouraged to apply for scholarships provided by Taiwan government, such as Taiwan scholarship. Moreover, Asia University provides a limited number of scholarships each year for talented international students. All applicants may have an opportunity to compete for scholarships, depending on qualification of applicants, program admitted, and available budget. Applicants who have received Taiwan scholarship are not eligible to receive Asia University Scholarship.
Important regulations regarding Taiwan scholarship are listed as follows; detail information can be obtained at http://english.moe.gov.tw. Applicants shall submit all required documents, including the acknowledgement letter of receiving application issued by Asia University, to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office in his/her home country by the end of March.
- Taiwan Embassy or Representative Offices will provide detail information of scholarship application (including selection criteria, scholarship types and quotas, application process, application period) in both Chinese and the local languages by January 31 of each year.
- In principle, the application period is from February 1st through March 31st of each year. However, the actual application period will in accordance with dates provided by the local Taiwan Representative Offices.
- Applicants must send the following documents within the specified period enclosed with their application to the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office in his/her home country. Failure to include any of these documents renders the application incomplete, and the applicant will not be further considered for the scholarship, without further notice:
- Taiwan Scholarship Application Form (available at the nearest Taiwan Embassy or Representative Office)
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or other nationality certificates.
- A copy of the highest degree and academic transcripts. If issued by international educational institutions, these documents must be authenticated by an overseas Representative Office or be sealed and delivered by the awarding institutions. Documents in a language other than Chinese or English must be translated into Chinese or English and the translated documents must be authenticated.
- A copy of admission application materials to Asia University, e.g. the acknowledgement letter of receiving application that is issued by Asia University.
- A copy of a language proficiency certificate:
- Two letters of reference, signed and sealed in envelopes (i.e. from the principals, professors, or supervisors). Photo copies and email submissions of letters of recommendation will not be considered.
- Additional documents as specified by the individual representative offices.
- Upon reviewing applications and conducting interviews, the Taiwan Representative Offices will select successful candidates and alternate candidates which will be placed on a waiting list. Candidates and Asia University are to be notified by May 31 of each year.
- Notification of admission is scheduled by June 20. Successful candidates should submit a copy of the admission letter issued by Asia University to their local Taiwan Representative Office for verification by June 30 of each year; should candidates fail to submit this letter within the specified time period, the candidates must submit a written explanation and request verification from their Representative Offices. Failure to be admitted into Asia University will result in a suspension from the Scholarship Program. Failure to submit documents within the specified time period will result in disqualification, and the candidates on the waiting list will be offered a scholarship. The list of recipients must be finalized no later than July 31st of each year.
Asia University Scholarship
Currently, Asia University offers different types of scholarships, as shown below. The type of scholarship that student is awarded is decided by the Admission and Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship A: tuition waiver, dormitory fee waiver, and monthly stipend of NT$6,000
- Scholarship B+: tuition waiver, dormitory fee waiver
- Scholarship B: tuition waiver
- Scholarship C+: 50% tuition waiver, 50% dormitory fee waiver
- Scholarship C: 50% tuition waiver
To apply for Asia University scholarship, applicants must specify in the application form and submit it with all required application materials to the Center for International Academic Exchange. Awarded students in Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral programs are supported for at most four, two, and three years, respectively. An average score of less than 75 and 80 in previous academic year for undergraduate and graduate students, respectively, will result in disqualification of receiving scholarship. To enhance internationalization and cultural exchange on campus, students awarded the part of monthly stipend are mandatory to participate in activities/services (30 hours per semester) arranged by the Office of International College.
Apply Now for Spring 2013
Prospective students are welcome to apply for admission to graduate or undergraduate programs via submission of the application forms.
How to Apply
You may file your application in person or through your representative by directly submitting all required materials to the Center for International Academic Exchange. Alternatively, all application forms and supporting documents shall be sent by postal mail to the following address.
Center for International Academic Exchange
500 Liufeng Road
Wufeng, Taichung, 41354
Applicants who intend to apply for Taiwan Scholarship must send application materials to Asia University by February 28. The date of application is determined by the postmark, if the application is sent by postal mail. Applicants who are unqualified or submit incomplete documentation in their application will be rejected. In general, applications received after the deadline will not be processed. Submitted materials are not returned. In the event of special cases, please directly contact staff of the Center for International Academic Exchange at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit official website: ciae.asia.edu.tw.
- Taiwan Scholarship Program 2010
- Doctoral, Master and Bachelor Scholarships, Asia University, Taiwan
- Faculty of Science and Engineering Scholarships, Waseda University, Japan
- Fujitsu Asia Pacific Scholarship
- Prime Minister’s Australia Asia Incoming Postgraduate Award, Australia
- Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore
- Higher Education Scholarship Program for International Students, Taiwan
- Master & Doctoral Scholarships, Waseda University, Japan
- KIMEP International Summer School Scholarships, Kazakhstan
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Asia Health Policy, Stanford University, USA